All reviews hot tub steadman clinic within walking distance bus stop five minute walk an older property small refrigerator two sinks outdoor pool bit dated free shuttle lionshead village easy access location was perfect lobby altitude slopes
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Check in was easy and the staff great. The elevator was not clean and the carpet in it needed to be vacuuming. The landing area on the floor we stepped off of smelled like gas. Though the room looks very vibrant in the pictures, it was not. It is hard to explain it but it had an institutional color and was so dated. Weird. I was hot in Vail and there was no air-conditioning in this room. There was a tall oscillating fan so we turned it on and we cracked open the window for the Rocky Mountain air. However, there was construction at the hospital across the parking lot and it was very loud and annoying. This was a last minute booking and the price was good but it should have been lower. My bed was a bit lumpy and could feel like a spring on the edge. Check out was at 11am I believe and about 9am housekeeping opened our door. Not cool at all. There was a coffee pot and two water bottles where the sink was outside the bathroom but it is where the hair dryer is mounted. Eeeeww. They did have coffee in the lobby and some packaged type pastries, not freshly made. The location of this property is within a few steps of the Village's shuttle bus system. Though the Villages are withing walking distance, if you are not acclimated to the altitude it it nice to ride. If you are looking for some place to stay that is affordable and bare basics then it is place will work for you.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
AlanKravetz, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Hey there Bertibby,

It sounds like there was a lot about our hotel you found disagreeable. I'm glad at least the check in was easy and my front desk staff didn't add to any of your discontent. I'd be happy to address each of these issues but certainly don't want to come across as defensive. Our property isn't perfect but you may be happy to know that we are planning major renovations this Fall and hope that you'll give us another chance on a subsequent visit to Vail. We're glad to hear that you found our location a plus during your stay and let's just all pray that the hospital construction stops being so loud and annoying before too long :/ Take care and thanks so much for your honest review.

Reviewed August 9, 2018

Hotel staff were nice and helpful. Beds were lumpy and uncomfortable. The room is just a room with a small refrigerator - no microwave. The hotel is dated and could use some updating and new beds. It is also at the very end of Vail village so it was a walk to the action. Tanner in the bar was the nicest staff member we met there. Food in the bar was OK. Our room had the highway outside the window and it was very noisy.

Room Tip: If staying in the summer, get room opposite of the highway
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends

Hey there, NoHomeBase.

Thanks for the honest review of our property. I'm not sure what to say about the beds sometimes: For some they're amazing and for others they're uncomfortable. We're sorry you're in the latter group. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future as we are planning major renovations to our property. Next time make sure to book a room with a mountain view so you aren't facing the highway. Our General Manager was sure to let Tanner know you had a great experience with him and we appreciate all the feedback. Take care and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

I found the lodge dated, but accomadating. The rooms were par, beds where soft and comfortable. Found many areas the cleaning staff missed, but could over look that. Heads up, no A/C and it was hot out here.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
AlanKravetz, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Hey there rtbell1959,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property. We're glad you found our hotel accommodating and wish it could have been even better. It was absolutely a hot summer this year. It would've been a good summer to have air conditioning. Although like most hotels in Vail, we don't have AC as it really wouldn't serve any purpose for most of the year. Come back and see us in the winter and let us show off our nice heated rooms. Take care, and thanks again.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

The hotel to me was alright. The bed was comfy and the rooms were clean, the bathroom was very nice. The hotel was some what outdated. I forgot that a lot of ski places in Colorado don't have air condition. I was there at the end of June and it was too hot, they only had a rotating fan, that to me didn't make the room as cool as I would've liked. Its about a block from the shops and everything. The price is very reasonable so thats why I selected it. However, knowing now, I might have spent a little more on a nicer hotel, just to really enjoy my stay. I loved Vail so much and getting an amazing hotel room would've been pretty cool.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank lindsey c
AlanKravetz, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review our property, Lindseym15. Glad to hear you had an alright stay with us. I must agree with you that it has been hot these past couple of weeks during the day and without air conditioning it does get warm. I will tell you though that most of the hotels, even the nicer ones, don't have AC either. It's just the norm around here. Take care and we hope you get to come back to Vail soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Hotel has been remodeled and is in a great location near Vail and Lionshead. Easy access on 1st floor allowed us to enjoy stay eith our puppy. Enjoyed heated pooland pinic benches. Very quiet stay andcpriced reasonably.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your review, doubletraveller. We're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good time outside at the pool. Feel free to come back and see us anytime.