“Great Location”
Review of Evergreen Lodge

Evergreen Lodge
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed August 13, 2008

We booked using Priceline so we got a decent price for the room. I see that other people were complaining about the rate, ours was $160. It seemed like a good value for the money. We were on motorcycles. Even though it was raining, they would not let us park under the covered pull in at the front, most hotels let motorcyclists park in front. The location was great, you can walk to Vail Village or Lionshead Village. There is a bar/restaurant at the hotel. Great drinks and food (bar food). Rooms were basic but very clean. Great view of the mountain from our room. Would recommend if you get a decent price.

Stayed: August 2008

Reviewed July 26, 2008

This property is tired,poorly managed,the rooms were dirty,and the maid service would arrive anywhere from 7:30 a.m. to 4p.m.

No food and or liquor service until 4.p.m.--front desk staff poorly trained and not helpful---parking on weekend is difficult----I/we would highly suggest you look around for other properties as the rate is not reflective of the quality---it was a very bad experience

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We were charged an extra room we never booked or stayed in and it was charged to the wrong credit card. When we called to recognize and fix the problem, we received rude and in my opinion, unacceptable customer service. Calls were not returned and we were continually argued with. The hotel is outdated, but a clean and satisfactory place to stay. However, after dealing with the staff regarding this issue, I would deter anyone from staying there.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2008

this place was clean, the beds were compfy, we had a view of the mountain and it was within walking distance to lionshead gondola...being able to walk to and from the mountain was killer, and this hotel is one of a few that was under 300 a night in January and that was within walking distance. the only weak element that i came across is that the shower is very difficult to figure out...its a super weird design, but once you figure it out its as good as any other shower..so dont let that stop you....if you want a newer hotel and dont care about being close to the mountain, then id try the marriott, but otherwise, this hotel is totally fine...there is internet in the room and in the lobby, it was clean, it has a hottub and pool if you need that..and best of all its right on the bus route and within walking distance to lionshead and vail village

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank pozoazul
Reviewed April 7, 2008

I stayed in room 422 last weekend, 4/5/08 to 4/6/08. I booked my room through Expedia after reading reviews of the hotel. My experience did not live up to the experience of other hotel guests. I have never stayed in a hotel with such poor conditions and rude staff. To start with while I paid the higher room rate for a king bedroom, we were given a room with two queen beds. The real disappointment came though after we had retired for the evening. We woke up at 1 am because it was really hot in the room (there is no way to adjust room temperature). We were upset to find at that time bugs crawling on the walls next to our bed, on our pillows and in the bed. We also found them in the other bed as well. It appeared that the bugs may be crawling up from behind the bed so after killing all that we found, we stuffed the sheets from the other bed into the crack between the bed and headrest to prevent any other bugs. Unfortunately, we found others when we woke up again. I counted over 25 bites on me the next day. Upon further reviewing the room, we saw streaks on the ceiling where other bugs must have been killed, proving to us that this problem had occurred before. I must also include that I was disappointed in the bedding which had black stains on the sheets and old cigarette burns in the blankets that were placed between the sheets.

As if the poor condition of the room was not enough, when I reported the disappointing conditions to the Front Desk Supervisor on Sunday morning, I was met with rude skepticism as to the problem at hand. In fact, I had to reiterate the issue five times before he so much as offered an apology. Then he rudely dismissed me with “you’re all set” without further inquiring about the issue or the actions he should take to remedy the situation. My guess is that some unfortunate guest has been subjected to this same room right now.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BldrAdventure
Reviewed April 2, 2008

The hotel is in a good location - just a minute's walk to the free vail bus stop. Close to the mountain - short walk, or 2 stops on the bus, pretty quick. The appearance of the room was nice, clean, and good sized. The bed was decently comfortable and the linens looked clean. There was also a mini-fridge in the bathroom area, which is great for drinks, etc. The layout of the hotel is easy - and the hot tub/pool area is located just on the lower level (you don't have to go far in wet swimsuit and towel to get back to your room, which is a huge plus!! ) The staff was nice and particularily the free parking is a great bonus, with your car right in the front parking lot - easily accessible and close. Free WiFi is nice too. Can't comment on room service - didn't eat anything at the hotel, except breakfast one morning. They have a cold buffet, which includes toast/donuts/bagels, cereal, fruit, juices, etc. Then they had a hot buffet, which included scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage/bacon and a couple of other things I can't remember. If you got the hot buffet, you also could eat the cold buffet, it was only about $12 for both and maybe $7 for just the cold. Reasonably priced, I thought. Also, the price of the hotel was decent relative to the fact that you are in Vail (and everything is expensive there).

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caiistoga
Reviewed March 23, 2008

Ever wonder where they got the name for a rat hole. Evergreen lodge is where. Nothing good to say about thus dump. I would have given it zero stars if it was available. Dirty rooms to bad food, following some of the sorriest room I've ever been in. It. Gives vail a bad name.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family