“Very quiet this time of year”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Evergreen Lodge

Evergreen Lodge
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Vail
minnesota
“Very quiet this time of year”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

Stayed there for sightseeing purposes. Got a good rate. On site bar and grill was awesome and so inexpensive. Had delicious fish and chips for 5 bucks. Bartender was awesome! Free breakfast was a nice perk. Rooms are nice, enjoyed having a recliner in the room.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
denver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

We recently closed out the ski season at Vail and stayed at the Evergreen because it offered free parking with an attractive $99 rate through vailonsale.com. The hotel sits equal distance between Lionshead and the main village which makes for a bit of a hike to get anywhere. Fortunately, there is a free bus nearby and the property has a bar/restaurant on site which was very festive on closing weekend. The two queen room we had was spacious and offered two closets to keep ski gear out of the way. The furniture was dated and the room showed its age but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The hotel is pet friendly to the point that the second floor sounded like a kennel. Pets are not restricted to rooms and we saw one chilling out in the indoor hot tub area. This was our first stay at the Evergreen and it may be a tough weekend to judge the place because it felt like Spring Break with all the 20-somthings and empty beer cans littering the hallways. Not sure if we would go back but we would highly recommend it to any college aged person with a golden retriever wanting a great place to stay and party.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Makai
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

We stayed at the Evergreen Lodge in Vail March 16-18. I can't believe I'd never known about it before. I found the hotel on TripAdvisor when I was searching for pet friendly lodging for our ski trip. They are definitely pet friendly, meaning they not only allowed my dog, but I didn't get sneers when walking through the lobby with him liked I experienced at another hotel in Vail.

The hotel isn't fancy, but it was comfortable, a perfect location and an incredible value. My husband kept referring to it as a throwback to the early ski lodges in Vail.)

The only complaint that I have is that we ate at the breakfast buffet one morning and I felt like it was a total rip off. The price was $13.95 for the full buffet, hot and cold food. It was a little expensive, but hey...it's Vail. My complaint is that there was a 20% gratuity added onto the bill, so that added to the tax, our breakfast was almost $40! I don't mind tipping when I'm being served, but the "waiter" didn't even serve us beverages. It is really the principle that upset me. Customers should be told in advance that there would be automatic gratuity added on. I don't think this is the right way to pay an employee. If you need to raise the price of the buffet to pay him, fine. But I felt tricked, and honestly I would have probably gone somewhere else if I'd known breakfast was going to be 40!

I would definitely stay at the hotel again, but I will not be dining there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danalynch
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

Large rooms and comfortable but a little tired. Easy access to lifts and free shuttle bus - stop ~150m away
Nothing flash but has all amenities you need

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

What a great hotel, and for a fraction of the cost of surrounding hotels!

When we first decided to stay at The Evergreen, we thought it would simply be a place where we would sleep, and didn't have very high expectations.

However, The Evergreen Lodge was far more than that!

From the moment we checked in we felt welcome! The front desk went out of their way to ensure that we were orientated in Vail and explained where good skiing spots were and how to use the free busses to get around.

The hotel itself is VERY conveniently located in-between the two villages (Lionshead and Vail) taking only 5 mins to walk to the nearest Gondola in Lionshead!!! Plus the free "intown" bus runs every 5 mins an is a great way to get into Vail Village.

One of the other great features of The Evergreen Lodge is the Altitude Sports Bar. It is reasonably priced (especially for Vail) and has a really good atmosphere. The staff are friendly and we ended up spending more time there than in other bars and restaurants.

Breakfast was not included in the room rate, but you can charge it straight to your room which means you don't have to worry about carrying cash with you when you go snowboarding/skiing.

The rooms are somewhat Spartan and dated, but are VERY comfortable. Unfortunately the wireless internet doesn't reach the rooms, but the Front desk provided an Ethernet cable which worked very well... and was FREE!!!

I will definitely be staying at The Evergreen again, and strongly endorse it to anyone who is thinking of a comfortable, conveniently located hotel in Vail.

Thank you for making our trip memorable!!! A perfect 10/10!!!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Wrightoff
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

Evergreen had everything our group could want. The rooms were larger than expected, well furnished, and very clean. The view of the mountains from our room was spectacular. The lobby is very large, and has multiple sitting areas for large groups, including one by the fireplace. Jacuzzi is large and inviting and you don't have to go outside to get there! There are 2 saunas. Internet connection (Ethernet) in rooms worked very well--no disruption in service. A short walk to the free shuttle bus and only one stop from Lionshead. Breakfast was good with large variety, but buffet was not very well organized and bottlenecked the first couple of days (got better as the week went on, though). Sports bar served pretty good food at reasonable prices. Large room for ski storage. Small refrigerator, iron/ironing board, and 2 closets (!) in each room. For Vail in the middle of ski season, the price was quite reasonable. Now I ask--what more could you want?

• Stayed February 2011
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

We moved to this hotel from Vail Cascade to spend our last night in Vail because there were no availabilities there. The hotel definitely needs renovation. It is very old looking and dingy. The towels in the bathroom had stains on them and the toilet was rusted. I really suspected the cleanness of the hotel that I could not even use the pillows; which I dropped on the floor. I should give credit to the location as it was very close to the Village, 3 minute walking distance but the hotel did not have a shuttle service to the base areas. You basically had to walk for 5 minutes and take the bus to get to the slopes. There was not a separate concierge and the people at the reception desk were not really acquainted with the area. The hotel had a fitness room but basically it was 4 walls and few machines in the basement. No room service.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Vail hotels