Marriott's StreamSide Evergreen at Vail
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitliving roomhot tubbay windowgame roomsactivities staffracquetball courtmarriott timeshareshuttle servicemain buildingusual marriottfans runninghome resortamenities neededindoor outdoor pooldouglas buildingindependence pass
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2009

The Evergreen Building at the Marriott Streamside is a true gem. The units are gorgeous and very well kept; they have every amenity you could possibly want. Granite countertops, tile floor, black newer appliances, more kitchen utensils than you could use and very tasteful dishes, silverware, etc. Flat screen TV and DVD player in the living room. Gas fireplace on a timer, great furniture and comfy couch. Huge full bay window overlooking the river. Our room #304 was right above the huge firepit that sits aside the river. Our room also had a great view and easy access of the outside huge hot tub that sat just along side the river. They highway is on the other side of the river and may present a bit of a noise factor to some but definitely not for us. The master bedroom is huge and I can't say enough about the bed, bedding (down comforter) and pillows. You just sank right in at night and never wanted to get out of bed in the morning. Big flat screen TV. Huge jacuzzi tub in the master.....you can open up your drapes (a full wall of windows), hop in the tub with a glass of wine and watch the beauty of the starry Colorado sky, tall blue spruce and turning aspen trees. What a treat! The unit had a washer and dryer which we used at the end of the week so we didn't have to do laundry when we got home! Plenty of towels for everyone and they even have pool towels ready for you to take to the hot tub or pool. Another pantry closet near the kitchen holds all of your coats, boxes, extras and has an ironing board/iron, broom, etc. Bedroom #2 was roomy with 2 double beds; they were just as comfy as the master. Another TV, closet and full bathroom. The shuttle service into Vail was so convenient. Anytime we called they were ready to take us; when we called for a return ride there were there in 5 minutes. Awesome, Awesome week!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank flyme2themoon123
Reviewed August 5, 2009

After spending a night facing I 70(Streamside) and road noise, we moved to a mountainside room where we experienced an idyllic atmosphere with views of flora and fauna, completely transforming my perception of this resort. The day staff was friendly and accommodating. Rooms are very well appointed. Resort is situated outside of the busy Vail and Lionshead areas. Suggest requesting mountainside facing room in Summer as it also seems to be much cooler.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank toubib11
Reviewed April 17, 2009

This is the second year we have stayed here. It is a great condo.
The rooms are new and spacious. We stayed in a two bedroom. 4 adults and two
kids and it was not crowed.
There is also a ski locker room so you don't need to keep your skis in the
condo.

The van service to the Lionshead area is quick and efficient. You can also
use the public bus service just a short walk away.

The kitchens are full and we cooked almost every night. The amenities are
nice. There is a hot tub down by the stream and a indoor outdoor pool and
more up at the club house.
Also a good size gym, kids room and sauna. There is also free coffee and hot
chocolate in the TV room.

The location is great as you can walk to Safeway, star bucks, McDonalds, and
7-11. Every thing you need is near by.

The only draw back is the location next to the interstate. However this is a
Vail problem not Marriot Streamside problem.

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2008

Marriott Streamside Evergreen Building was excellent. The Marriott Streamside has several buildings and is a timeshare that rents individual rooms out when not in use by owners. We found the room beautifully renovated with a full kitchen and bar area with high bar chairs. A dining table--two bedrooms. Excellent and fresh linens. Two baths. One in the master King bedroom with a jacuzzi spa tub easily fitting two people and a separate shower and walk-in closet.

This is a very roomy 1000 sq foot apartment layout. Black GE Appliances including Dishwasher and a stackable washer and dryer.

Flat panel TV in Master bedroom. Regular Sony TV in lving room-it was very nice set up. Sleeper Sofa in living room. You can easily have 6 people in the unit.

Lots of closet space if you were staying for extended stay. There is a shuttle run by the hotel if you don't want to drive to the store, restaurants or skiing.

Their are lots of activities--indoor heated pool, jacuzzi a steam room and Sauna, outdoor jacuzzis, a Racquet Ball Court, a very nice work out room and a club room for kids activities. Plus they have a room called the Cave which is for playing video games and fooseball. My husband and I played Nintendo Wii for about 2 hours--Sports and even Guitar Hero. The staff came and helped us with Guitar Hero as it is not as easy as it looks.. We had fun with the music on the game and trying not to get booed off!

We played some racquet ball, swam and had a good time. We had nice meals and the Safeway and City Market are right across the road from the Marriott Streamside.

This is not a full service luxury hotel--it is a timeshare/hotel.

We found the room extremely clean, staff helpful and friendly and some fun things to do.

And it snowed 12" while we were there. The room we had 2 bedrooms all with large picture windows to enjoy the view. The living room had a gas fireplace and a very comfortable elegant couch with huge picture windows.

We loved our time here. Beware of two things though--there is no on-site restaurant or food if that is what you need and the overall appearance of the hotel is a dated and needs some upgrades to the outside of the building. It also looks like they are in the middle of some renovations and parking lot work-which is needed.

With that said, it was a very nice place to be in Vail, Co. We do recommend this facility in Vail.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 25, 2007

I stayed at this site back in December, and had a great 2 BR suite in the 'Evergreen' building for about $300 a night. Made a reservation for this past weekend for $360 a night, and when the hotel made a courtesy call a week before my stay, I confirmed that I had the same style room as previosly in the building 'below' the front desk. This was confirmed.

When I arrived to check in, I found out that 'below' could describe many buildings - and even though I wasn't told this at the time of my call, I was now finding out that my room I booked was considerably smaller, and cheaper, and in another building that was 'not built to Marriott Standards'...... when I asked about rectifying the miscommunication, small apologies were made and the attempt to resolve it involved the front desk manager going online to get a walk-in rate from marriott.com, which obviously was considerably more expensive last minute. I was told this was due to spring break, but the hotel was obviously not full - but rather than trying to fix the miscommunication they were 50% at fault for, they left me realizing that there are many other properties that are more convenient to the village - and likely more service oriented if they want to warrant the rates they charge.

I will not return to this hotel. $375/night for two double beds and a pull-out, and a coffee maker that didn't work - no big convenience there.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends