All reviews gore creek great location butler service ski butlers bunk room lionshead village underground parking full kitchen daily housekeeping nice condo great place to stay ski valet service bike path short walk pool and hot tub master bedroom home away from home
Reviewed January 23, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 weeks. It is fairly priced and a stones throw from Lionshead for an easy ski. They helpfully take your skis to the bottom of the gondola. The maid service is amazing and we came back every day to a sparkling apartment. The kitchen was well stocked which meant it was easy not to eat out every night. It was a cosy apartment - we went and had a look at a few - as we have rebooked next year and I can honestly say I think there is a combination here for most families. The decor does vary from apartment to apartment as they are privately owned - but not really an issue. We had a fabulous time and would firmly recommend antlers for a family trip and great value for money.

Date of stay: January 2015
Vail-GM, General Manager at Antlers at Vail, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2015

Dear Joanna,
Thanks so much for your kind words. We're so happy that you had a good stay. I'm particularly happy that you enjoyed our new ski valet service. As we get a little older, it sure is nice not to have to lug those things around, isn't it? Even if it is only 150 yards, it's still nice!
We're equally happy that you appreciated our housekeeping ... we feel SO lucky to have had a corps of 15 housekeepers who have each been with us for more than a decade, along with a handful of "newbies" joining us in the last 5 or 6 years. We think they're all great.
Thanks again! Rob

Reviewed January 22, 2015

I stayed at Antlers with my family this week. It's pretty close to the Gondola, though not directly by it. The suite was pretty nice with some quirks. There was a wall decoration in one of the bedrooms that was a metal gate door or something that had fallen down and had a screw hanging out of the wall. They just propped the decor haphazardly by the bed and left it. The condo was a little outdated. The dryer didn't work and they weren't able to fix it until after we left. They parking garage was a bit cramped especially if you're driving an SUV. I also left a hat that was a very important gift to me in the room and customer service was not very helpful.

I called the night I left and the guy said he would check with housekeeping in the morning and get back to me, which he didn't. I called again the next day and the lady I spoke to said housekeeping didn't have it and there was now a new guest in the room but that they would check tomorrow when they cleaned the room. That didn't make sense, how would they know it was mine and not the new guest's? So I called back to ask if they would call the new guest to see if they found anything and the guy I spoke to said yes and would call me back. He never called me back. The following day I called again and talked to a new person, who I requested the same thing. He called me back and said they didn't have it. I know I left it in there and the exact room I left it in. I'm really upset about it, obviously and they didn't really seem to care. So either housekeeping took it, threw it away or the new guest has it. Either way I don't appreciate how they handled it, or didn't handle it.

1  Thank happysoultraveller
Vail-GM, General Manager at Antlers at Vail, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2015

Dear Happysoultraveler,
Please accept my apologies for not being able to locate your hat. More importantly, we're terribly sorry for not following through and calling you back when we said we would. That's just inexcusable. Lost and Found is often times a tough issue for us. Even though we return hundreds of items a year (no exaggeration), sometimes we're not successful. Darci told me that after she spoke to you on the phone, she sent Gladys, one of our long time (20+ years) housekeeping supervisors, to look for it, but she came up empty. It was probably silly after that to suggest that we would check with the guests who followed you, but stranger things have happened. Regardless, I'm so sorry and I hope you'll let us make it up to you someday.

Your comments about the room are duly noted as well. Happily, most people really enjoy the condominium that you were in and it is specifically requested quite frequently. It's clear to me that the bigger issue was our failure to locate your hat, as well as to make it the priority that it deserved, My apologies again.

Reviewed January 21, 2015

We enjoy the Antlers and return annually with our two pups. The Antlers provide a very pet friendly atmosphere, and is conveniently located next to a trail that runs along side the creek and hillside. We feel comfortable that our pets are safe at the room during the day when we are skiing, and they can play for hours on the trails outside in the mornings and evenings when the lifts are closed. They have so much fun and remember the location as soon as we arrive. It's like our own vacation home for the whole pet friendly family.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks!
I can't tell you how much we love to hear that. As the owner of a couple rescue border collies myself, I know what it's like to travel with the pack. Because of that, we want it to be as enjoyable as you've suggested it is. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make it even better. We did just get a couple REALLY nice dog beds from PoochSnoozer, to go along with the other ones we already had. Remind us next time you're here to let you use them.
One of my favorite comments of all time from a pet-owner was when somebody wrote to us and said, "Thanks for letting Zach walk in through the front door like a real man."

Reviewed January 19, 2015

Excellent service, close to lift and dining. A very nice and QUIET place to stay.
The staff was always patient and helpful.
We have stayed here many times over the last 10 years and highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 7, 2015

A well-priced comfortable condo. Ours (204) looked pretty up-to-date. Two new TVs, sound system. Beds were comfortable. Kitchen was well-stocked with equipment. Bathroom floor was heated! Wifi actually had reasonable bandwidth. Parking garage was a little cramped with small spaces, but very nice to have. Overall nice touches. Super close to the lifts, and the ski valet service is also great. They were a bit overworked during the holiday week, but they went out of their way to make sure things were right.

But for the sake of transparency, know that the hallways are outdoors. Not a huge problem, but that might matter to some. Makes it a bit colder effort to run down to the hot tub in your swimsuit.

And a few other suggestions - our condo was DARK! We literally unscrewed the lampshade to try to get more light in the living room at night. I'm not sure what atmosphere they were trying to create, but it's rough when you can't see into the closet.

Room tip: Given the slope, the second and third floors are actually the most accessible ones from the garage, lobby and outside.
Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank LawrenceNYC
Liana M, Public Relations Manager at Antlers at Vail, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2015

Dear LawrenceNYC,

Thank you so much for taking glad to give us a review! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your condo, and the heated floors! We've passed your suggestion regarding lighting along to the owner and hope to make that upgrade soon. We also hope that you will visit with us again soon!

Warmest regards, Liana M