“Snow in late September”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Traverse City, Michigan
“Snow in late September”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Antlers from Sept 21 - 25. Our two bedroom condo was complete with a gas fireplace in the living room, full kitchen and a lovely patio. It was updated with comfortable current furnishings and most importantly both beds were fantastic. The location made it very convenient to walk to stores and restaurants. We took a short walk to the gondola which is worth doing - the view from the top is awe inspiring. The only negative was Mother Nature didn't cooperate and we had some snow and not much fall color.

Room Tip: Go on line to view rooms as they are all decorated differently.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AntlersCo, Public Relations Manager at Antlers at Vail, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the review and we are SO glad that you enjoyed your visit despite Mother Nature's lack of cooperation. I do have to apologize for getting a chuckle at that, because rarely do we hear people complain about it snowing. At least we were able to provide a gas fireplace by which to try to enjoy the snow. Hopefully you can make it back again next year and catch the golden glow of the Aspens! And, thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Mile High
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at Antlers for the second time this year in July, and it was probably our best time yet. We usually stay there a few times a year, and the rooms can be of varying quality. Our room on this trip was the nicest unit we've stayed in. This time we were on the second floor in the middle of the wing facing the pool. This floor is great, because from the parking garage, it's very easy to get to the room without the elevator, and its only two flights down to ground level for pool or dog area access. This was also very helpful for maneuvering our 9-month old around in his stroller. I want to say we were in room 210, but it might have been 212 or 214. It was right in that vicinity. Antlers is always a fantastic place to stay, and we could get from our room to the bike path to Vail Village in about a minute. Always recommend Antlers and will be back!

Room Tip: Best views are from the higher floors, facing the mountain, but the lower rooms have the easiest acc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AntlersCo, Public Relations Manager at Antlers at Vail, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We LOVE seeing reviews from repeat guests, so THANK YOU! So glad that the Antlers worked well for you as a family with a baby. Hope you took advantage of one of our cribs. And, maybe next year the pool will be the big hit. Look forward to next time!
kANSAS CITY, MISSOURI
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have stayed many many years at the Antlers. This time September 8th-October 8th, I was unfortunate to be in Vail for knee surgery, or fortunate only because the surgeon and PT Staff are the best in the country (my opinion), when I was hoping to stay two weeks with just PT. I would have preferred to be hiking and playing. The general manager arranged for me financially with an affordable rate, a HUGE concern, to stay there through surgery and a month from arrival without having to change units. It was low season so a little easier to not change units which I have done before to stay. Why? The Antlers has THE BEST Housekeeping, and friendly, helpful staff if needed. I'm stubborn and independent but obviously after surgery, when alone the majority of my stay, I was comforted to know I felt safe by myself. This experience was highlighted by the friendly Housekeeping Staff who recognized me daily with kind words for my healing. Most of the time I called the front desk saying I didn't need housekeeping but they still checked on me with smiles and concerns, especially happy for me when I got off my crutches. This stay was not about the amenities, with exception of a much needed fully equipped kitchen for cooking my own healthy meals, exercise bicycle in the fitness room, laundry facilities, underground parking as it rained a lot and snowed twice, but the COMFORT of friendly staff. Many groups rotated in and out during my stay as the management team is very accommodating at working with groups for meetings and conferences. Winter guests will be pleased they are one building from the gondola and year round guests will enjoy the location right on Gore Creek and the trail through Vail.

Room Tip: Ask to see a unit before making a decision as they vary in decor since the units are individually ow...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Vail-GM, General Manager at Antlers at Vail, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I was about to say, "Thanks ___ !", but then I read the instructions that say not to use a guest's name. Normally I wouldn't even be able to, but there just aren't that many month long stays here for surgery and PT ... so I KINDA know who this is. Regardless, thanks so much for your kind words. I only wish there was a different reason for you to have been here ... like next year ... when everyone's going to be here for your family reunion! We can't wait to see you then.
Warmest Regards,
Rob
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great location in Lion's Head at Vail. We got to see four of the older single bedroom units and the decor/layout/updating varied widely between them. If possibly ask to see multiple rooms as the quality varies widely since they are individually owned and maintained/updated. The newer section is very, very nice.

Room Tip: Rooms vary significantly since most are individually owned and maintained/updated.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank djs43
We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay. As I've mentioned before, we totally acknowledge the issue of different quality rooms. Happily, our efforts to encourage our owners to bring every one of them up to Platinum standards is already working. We have five significant remodels going on right now, and more than that already scheduled for next spring! Our board of directors has endorsed our written plan to make that happen.
In the meantime, we are MORE than happy to follow your advice (and others') to look at several condominiums when you arrive (if possible) and pick the one you like best. We even encourage it, so that the owners of the nicer condos receive more rental income. That's just one more way to encourage everyone to be Platinum.
Boulder, CO
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great location, each unit is unique in that they are individually owned ( I believe), thus the décor and updating of each unit is up to the owner and not Antlers... That said, the only compliant is that the couch was pretty old, saggy and a bit smelly. The late late checkout on Sunday is so nice! It makes up for the old couch and then some. Not having to deal with traffic after a nice weekend makes the relaxed feeling last longer. Kids loved the pool area and ping pong. Free underground parking was nice... no $30/night Valet here.

Room Tip: Check the photos of each room on their website
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vail-GM, General Manager at Antlers at Vail, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the review, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay, including the free Sunday-in-summer late check-out. One thing though ... old and saggy is one thing (not acceptable) but SMELLY?! OMG! We are SO sorry! Please let me know which condo you were in so we can get the couch replaced ... immediately. No kidding.
Your point about individual ownership is a valid one. Happily, we have just embarked on a renewed push to upgrade all of our condos to Platinum status (half of them are already there). Our goal is to get the owners to spend $3,000,000 over the next four years, on renovations and upgrading. That will bring EVERY Antlers unit up to the standards of our better ones currently. No more saggy couches!
Thanks for your understanding and your help!
Thanks also for staying with us ... we hope to se you again. Now call me!
Rob
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have stayed at the Antlers several times and continue to enjoy the service and friendliness. We have a great view of the creek from our balcony. The walking paths are convenient to the hotel. I recommend going 2-3 times a year to enjoy the seasonal views.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed during Spring Break and the weather was good at Vail. Our Antlers first floor unit was overlooking the pool and hottub, which suited the kids, and we shopped for dine-in (enjoying the kitchen/dinette) at the supermarket on North Frontage Rd W/Wolcott overlooking hwy 6 (i70) just past the post office. The vacation units are individually owned, so decor might vary, but ours was dated yet pleasant and clean. Antlers will only be 150 yards (to walk 5-7 minutes with skis) from the free parking/ski storage area to Lionshead gondola and mall, so the location is prime (and cheaper than ski-out Arrabelle Inn). The accommodations at Antlers would be best for families, who might not want to stay at a hotel, such as the standard rooms at Vail Marriott just uphill/ next door. I would recommend prebooking lift passes at least a week in advance, for added cost savings, and ask about specific Antlers unit layouts. Be aware that a queen bed might be partitioned from the living room's pullout sofa only by a pocket extendible room divider, if privacy is a concern.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the Pool or Eagle Creek have a nice quiet view of the mountain side. End units...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family