“Contented repeat customers”

Antlers at Vail
Ranked #1 of 41 Specialty Lodging in Vail
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 2, 2008

We've stayed at the Antlers for a week each January for the last 10 years. The major renovation that took place a couple of years ago has been a big improvement in the overall ambience of the facility. The location (in Lionshead, close to the gondola) is fabulous. The staff very friendly. The decor of the individual units varies somewhat depending upon the owner's tastes/budget, but overall they are comfortable and appealing. We look forward to going back again next year!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beth56

Reviewed January 28, 2008

Outstanding Hotel. The staff could not do enough for you. Short walk to Gondola. Full kitchen with dishwasher, oven, range full sized refrigerator, microwave and Weber grill outside on patio.

Free indoor parking. Indoor heated ski locker with boot warmers.

Our one bedroom Condo provided lots of livability and privacy for myself and my daughter.

The heated outdoor hot tubs and pool were nice, and the Antlers even had heated outdoor changing rooms with heated floors which was a big plus.

There is a free business center with four computers available each with printers

I will return and recommend this to all people planning a trip to Vail

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Montague-185
Reviewed January 23, 2008

We've been coming to the Antlers for over ten years. It's in a great location, the rates are reasonable and the rooms are always comfortable.

This trip was no exception. The woman who checked us in at the front desk was very nice and she gave us restaurant recommendations and directions. We parked our own car -- free, by the way -- and since we were only staying for one night we said we'd just bring our own bags up. (After staying at other hotels where it feels like you have to empty your wallet just to get up to your room, I have to admit that I enjoyed this aspect.) My friend and I got separate rooms on the same floor. My room was decorated in a rustic mountain motif and my friend's room was more traditional; we both loved our rooms!

The outside hot tubs are amazing, and we just soaked and relaxed and enjoyed the view of the mountains. I didn't go in the pool on this trip, but have in the past -- it's outside, but it's heated and open all year.

In the morning we helped ourselves to free coffee in the Antlers lobby and headed over to Les Delices de France, which was recommended by the very friendly woman at the front desk. It's a little French deli about five minutes walking distance from the Antlers, and we had cappuccinos, croissants and fruit - it's a great spot for people watching, too!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank CarefreeCowgirl
Reviewed January 15, 2008

We have just spent two weeks at Antlers at Vail in December/January for skiing. We have stayed at Manor Vail in the past, but it is closed for renovations this year. Our travel agent recommended Antlers.

The Arrabelle site is now finished, so Lionshead is quiet again and has a village feel with central ice skating rink and heated pathways.

We had a studio on the second floor with a King bed in the alcove and a sofa bed in the lounge room. The kitchen was a good size and well equipped and we had a large plasma TV in the lounge room, gas fireplace and a good sized dining table. For two of us, it was a very large space.

All the studios and one-bedroom condominiums are in the main, original 7 storey building which faces the mountain and Gore Creek. The views from the balconies are beautiful and it is very quiet. The larger condominiums are located away from the main building back towards the village and were only constructed in 2002.

Our Studio was very comfortable with nice furnishings, however, each is individually decorated by the owners. While the larger condominiums are all new, the studio and one-bedrooms are older and are in the process of being renovated. So it is a bit hit and miss as to what you get.

The property is really well located for skiing, with on a very short walk to the gondola at Lionshead and easy access to the village shops and restaurants. Antlers will drop you down to the local supermarkets and collect you when you are finished, which is a great service if, like us, you do not have a car.

All the units have high speed internet if you have a laptop, but there is also a business centre with 4 computers where you can access the internet and print for free, 24 hours.

We found the front desk staff to be extremely helpful and welcoming during our stay.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AusTravellerSydney
Reviewed October 16, 2007

Wow did we get lucky. My husband and I were off to the mountains from Denver to catch one last glimpse of the beautiful fall color that the Colorado Mountains offer. We decided to just wing it for the first couple of days and didn't make any reservations anywhere. We decided to stop in Vail to go for a celebratory dinner at Sweet Basils. In a book by Cindy Hirschfeld, Canine Colorado, she highly recommended Antlers at Vail and said that they would accomodate a quiet dog. We were traveling with our 14 year old Dalmation, and when we checked in, the host at the desk made her feel very welcome (a generous handful of cookies). The gentleman asked if we had any plans while we were staying in Vail and when my husband said he wanted to dine at the highly acclaimed Sweet Basil, the host immediately got on the phone and made us a reservation. A wonderful dining experience, but that's a whole other story! As we entered our spacious "Studio", we were quite blown away. What a way to begin a relaxing sogiern. The apartment was furnished very nicely with a granite kitchen and all of the neccesities. Great place for several people to stay while hitting the slopes. 1 King, very comfortable bed, plus 2 pull out couches should make everyone happy. We arrived after dark and to our surprise, when we awoke, we had a truly unbelievable view of the slopes. Very short walking distance to one of the gondolas too. We enjoyed breakfast and a nice stroll around the quaint Vail Village and came back to Antlers for a plunge in the pool and a relaxing soak in the hot tub. This experience was in the off season, I can only imagine how fun it is in the peak ski season with the clanking of ski polls and swoosh of the snow beneath a pair of skis! You want comfort and warmth with an award winning view? GO TO ANTLERS!!

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank chelemutt
Reviewed October 16, 2007

I stayed in room 503 (didn't know or see the previous reviewer, even though we were there on the same date.) The room featured a balcony overlooking Gore Creek and the mountains, gas grill, lovely fireplace, full kitchen, jetted tub, and very comfy king size bed.

The people at the front desk were very helpful with recommendations and directions and instantly called maintenance to remove the cover on the pool and hot tub when I called. The hot tub is a must with yet another spectacular view of the mountains. I also spent some time in the sauna, which was very clean. The front desk crew even gave me batteries for my camera! There was always excellent coffee and a selection of Tao teas in the lobby. The free bus route is very close, just outside the grounds of the condo. I used the business center twice since I didn't have a laptop - very convenient.

The view was amazing from the balcony, and at night I let the babble of the creek lull me to sleep. What a wonderful stay. I'm not a skiier, but I will go back simply to enjoy the condos and the lovely town of Vail. I highly recommend the Antlers at Vail.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank rkasca
Reviewed October 5, 2007

I understand that the Antlers condos are privately owned, so the management technically doesn't have much say over the content, but this was one of the creepier places I've stayed in my life.

They were the overflow hotel for a conference held at the "adjacent" Marriott. I wound up lugging my exhibit display items up hill, around a bend, up another hill, and into the Marriott in heels. They should warn people that there's no easy way over to the Marriott for conferences (and I did ask).

The condo I stayed in, I believe it was 502, was creepy. There were cheap wall clocks all over the place and they were all stopped at random hours. The overabundance of mirrors (including a floor to ceiling, room-wide mirror next to the master bed) made me feel like I was in a Poltergeist movie, and furniture that was much too big for the rooms was just shoved in everywhere. The bunk beds are in a glorified closet and you can't maneuver in the master bedroom because the bed is just too big. Strange woodworking project-like coat hooks were hung all over the place, at odd heights. It was just a strange, uncomfortable space.

There is no air conditioning and I had to leave the door-sized balcony window open all night. The elevators were pretty dirty and I didn't feel safe walking along the corridors.

The "corridors" are actually hallways open to the elements...so why would you carpet them?!

The guy at the front desk was less than friendly and seemed annoyed that I had interrupted his conversation in order to check in. There were no hellos or goodbyes when I entered and exited the lobby at various times.

The parking garage is TIGHT! It took many tries to park because, as soon as one person parks a little over the line, there is no room to squeeze your car in. There weren't enough spaces and I wound up with a big dent in my car from a pole in order to avoid hitting the car who parked, crookedly, next to me overnight.

The pool area was quite nice, however, and the pool was clean and well-kept. It is easy walking distance to Lionshead (but wait until after construction is complete before you do this as there are NO lights and it's a dark walk).

I wouldn't stay here again. There are much nicer places in Vail to stay.

Stayed: September 2007