“Experience at Arrabelle”

Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Elegant, warm & welcoming, with excellent service. Manager resolved misunderstanding by giving us 1 night credit - very generous. Would definitely go back & recommend to friends. Also very pleasant because of new building

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We enjoyed our second visit to the Arrabelle this year. This is simply the most conveniently located ski hotel possible...you can roll out of bed, walk out the door and grab your gear from the ski concierge and just GO!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Arrabelle was a great hotel for our family. Since the adults have retired from skiing, we were very comfortable relaxing on site while our children skied. The room was extremely large and comfy for four. We enjoyed the mountain view from our balcony each day and the buffet breakfast was a plus with teenaged boys. We are planning to return next Spring break.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Robin T
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Overall, the Arrabelle was very enjoyable. The location was superb and the rooms were comfortable. This was my first time to Vail and the overall experience was wonderful. The outdoor jacuzzi was fine, but the indoor spa was so much better. My only complaint is that the service was a little slow in the bar/restaurant and not especially attentive. Don't bother making coffee in your room; the lobby has better/easier morning coffee.

Don't miss eating at "the Little Diner." It's close by and fantastic. The line can be long but it moves quickly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I was originally booked in the Lodge at Vail (through a third party booking site). Upon arrival, late Friday night, the staff at the Lodge informed us that our booking was not valid since there was not actually availability when the booking was made.

The RockResort staff instead arranged for our accommodation at a king suite at the Arrabelle, for no additional charge. Though the switch of hotels was inconvenient, the staff at both resorts (Lana and Karen) were very professional and ensured that we had a pleasant experience. The Arrabelle suite was enormous and lovely. We had a very nice treatment at the spa, and the in room dining staff went above and beyond (eg. packed pints of ice cream in an improvised cold box for our trip back to Denver).

Lana and Karen turned what could have been a disaster into a wonderful weekend experience. Thank you both!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was my second trip to the Arrabelle. I am from Colorado, but now live out of state. This resort is fantastic all around, but it is particularly perfect for what I enjoy in a ski place / vacation. I'll just outline the things I love, see if it helps anyone --
1) I am a big fan of enjoying my vacation, that means no long walks with my skis and boots... this may sound lazy, but c'est la vie. Arrabelle has an excellent set up, where I can go straight to the gondola base and have a nice area to sit while the valet tends to me and brings my equipment. They even provide granola bars and water... then at the end of the day, just dump your stuff off right as u ski to the base, and put your shoes on... this, I love. I have been to vail 5 million times, i get that other resorts offer this service, but arrabelle's is top notch...
2) Ease of check in, setting up reservations with concierge, getting to nice dinners, etc... just simple, classy, nice...
3) Hotel bar, food, spa, location -- all top notch.
In a quick summary, I am a bit of a travel snob, especially with skiing. Arrabelle is comfortable, relaxed, simple, classy, and all i can ask for. It also has the nice aspect of not feeling "uppity," everyone seems down to earth and casual...
Hope this helps :).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheDrJason
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Reserved several nights and five days days before, first my wife, then our kids, and finally I came down with the flu. I called 48 hours in advance to see if I could move the date back. The receptionist advised me there were no refunds. Again, I asked to simply move the date as we were all sick. Nope! I spoke with the manager and was told they never give refunds or move dates. Again, I said I didn't want a refund, I just wanted to move the reservation. She was tactless and defensive. She said even if someone breaks their leg, they'd still charge them for the entire stay. How cold is that? I mentioned I thought building a long term customer relationship was more important than a single booking. Not to this place. Apparently, they don't care. I ended up paying for the reservation and giving it to friends, who, by the way, didn't even stay for the last night. They had no empathy for our situation, their communication skills were lacking and their attitude was so irritatingly arrogant. Last year, we stayed at the Westin in Whistler (also ski in, ski out), and it was the opposite, we had a truly amazing stay. Buyer beware!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank Stephen R
Jonathan B, General Manager at Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Stephen R,

I greatly appreciate the time you took to provide us feedback encountered during your booking process. I am disappointed that you were not able to stay with us at The Arrabelle at Vail Square and experience our services and amenities. I am very sorry to hear of your family's illness and hope that everyone is feeling better. We understand that our cancellation policy can seem restricting when guest plans change and we offer our travel insurance as an aid in these cases. I would always recommend this add-on to reservations as it is a very affordable safeguard. Regardless, we certainly do not want to lose you as a customer and I apologize that we did not handle your request more empathetically. Please call me directly at your convenience as I would be pleased to work with you in order to find the opportunity for your family to visit again. I am sure that I may provide a viable solution to the lost experience. Again, I am very sorry that you have encountered a negative perception and I look forward to the opportunity to rectify this.

Regards,

Jonathan Brownlee
970.754.7792

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Vail Mountain Lodge
Vail Mountain Lodge
#9 of 30 in Vail

Been to Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort? Share your experiences!