“Location, location, location”

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Edwards, Colorado
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am not sure what I enjoyed most, the variety of specialty cocktails, the tasty food or being entertained by the challenged skiers making their way down the mountain right in front of us. The deck is awesome!! I love the Big Mountain cocktail and backed it with the bone-in ribeye. My wife kept it casual with the Pork Belly Sliders. We will be back for sure. We might just stop in for a drink and our fix of Tavern Fries. We love us some Tavern Fries!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eric B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
northern nj
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was a return trip to the Arrabelle and we enjoyed it even more this time. We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo. It was beautifully and comfortably furnished. The condos are privately owned and they reflect the owners taste so no cookie cutter hotel furniture. Ours had original artwork and personal touches which made it so comfortable. staff is super friendly and helpful. Ski valet is awesome. I have been coming to Vail for 25+ years and while other new luxury properties have been built, none of them can compare to the Arrabelle with its location. Do you really want to take a shuttle to get to the mountain? If so stay at the Sonnenalp, Solaris, Sebastian, Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. If you want to walk out and be on the mountain stay at the Arrabelle!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely. Don't worry about the view - you will be on the mountain ! Most roo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Five star all the way, to everything! From building decor, spa, ski valet to customer care - you name it.

We had a wonderful time. From the moment we stepped into the resort till the time we walked out, we received undivided, top notch customer care. Our room had a fireplace and heated bathroom floors, nice touch!

Room cleaning as well as turn down service was throughall and they always placed new soap (nicely shaped as a rock), even though there still was a lot left.

The spa was beautiful, steam and sauna room included in the room price and both provided relaxed ambiance.

They served complimentary hot tea selection and coffee each morning.
Will we return? Needles to say - yes; absolutely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Everything from the staff to the rooms to the services offered are extraordinary at this hotel! Little things like glass water bottles (to be kept in the room) that are restocked every night to the valets that will drive you around Vail are what make the difference. The ski valet is a service I'm not sure I can live without now that I've tried it. Winding down after a long ski day at The Tavern is something I want to do again (try their tuna appetizer - yummy!). I like nice hotels and this one tops my list.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had 4 rooms for our family-one being a suite during our weekend stay for a wedding. (The reception was at the hotel- very nice for that). We were happy with everything! The outdoor bar/restaurant was a cool meeting place each afternoon apres ski-loved the fire pit. Rooms were warm and cozy-our suite living area was big enough for our family 8 to rendezvous in around the fireplace. Great bedding-awesome bath area. Utilized spa-relaxing! Hotel drivers very helpful for shuttling us to & fro wedding. Ski rental & lockers convenient. The location made everything seem easy. Special kudos to concierge- we had a wardrobe malfunction while trying to tie tux bow ties- they sent someone who knew how to tie them up to our suite-made it to the chapel on time!! Just a lovely hotel with kind and helpful staff. We loved our experience at Vail Arrabelle.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely. Suite living room large-nice for sitting around fireplace w/family/friends..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Daisy1112
Denver, CO
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed at the Arrabelle in October, when the town was pretty quiet and the hotel fairly empty. Obviously a different experience in the offseason, but prohibitively expensive for me once the snow starts to fall. Very nice room, friendly and accomodating staff (especially the guys driving the courtesy cars who are really great), and a wonderful spa which I've returned to several times even when staying elsewhere. I felt it lacked a little bit of the "wow" factor I was expecting based on the hype, but it was very nice nonetheless. The revitalization of Lionshead has made it much more appealing, though I personally prefer the Village for it's access to what I feel are the better restaurants, bars and shops. Either way, the Arrabelle is perfectly located for winter or summer pursuits and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank COTraveler81
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Everything at the Arrabelle was AMAZING!! The staff is absolutely fantastic - beyond accomodating, warm and professional. They had the friendliness that most Colorado-folk have, but a polish that let you know you were at a high-end resort. The coffee in the lobby lounge was a perfect way to start the day, and there were granola bars available throughout the resort for you to keep your energy up throughout the day. Afternoon hot cocoa and cookies were awesome as well - it was these little thoughtful things that made this place really stand out. Our room was beautiful - the bed was super-comfy, the fireplace was awesome and our balcony was great. The bathroom was amazing - heated floors, separate shower and jacuzzi tub (with a TV), plus a closed off area for the toilet. However, I found that I ended up doing most of my showering at the spa. The spa was absolutely incredible and every day we got off the slopes and headed straight there. I've been to some amazing spas in Vegas and the Arrabelle definetely compared. The roman bath was just what my tired muscles needed after a long day, and the steam and sauna were great. The private showers had multiple jets and products galore. I got a hot stone massage on our last day and my masseuse was one of the best I've ever had. The concierge was great and recommended some great restaurants (note: Sweet Basil was dissapointing, but TerraBistro and the Great Elk Lodge were fantastic) and, although Lionshead is super close to everything, the Arrabelle provides complimentary Cadillac service to anywhere you want to go. Also - they have a valet next to the mountain where you can store your skis - it is super convenient not to have to carry them everywhere. Overall, this was an amazing hotel, worth every penny - I would def stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank felicia f
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail

Been to Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort? Share your experiences!