“If Service and Quality are Important Stay Here”

Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Portland, Oregon
“If Service and Quality are Important Stay Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was in Vail last week for a meeting at the Lion's Square Marriott (see earlier review). Needless to say, it is a very dated facility (mentioned in both my 2011 and 2012 reviews). This year I decided "enough is enough" and set out to find another hotel. Luckily just around the corner is the Arrabelle at Vail Square.

For not a whole lot more than the Marriott -- a completely different experience! The Marriott staff was good, but the Arrabelle's exceptional. In particular, both the front desk (Bill) and the Concierge immediately remembered my name -- made their brand new Cadillac Escalade available for limo service within Vail (Marriott offered to call a cab) and offered great tips about local restaurants, etc.

Also, the food available at the Arrabelle is on a top tier compared to the Marriott -- but of course everything in Vail is over-priced.

Now back to the staff. Bill at the front desk listened to my "plight" with the Marriott -- filthy, old room and no opportunity to move. I asked Bill what was the best he could do for me -- well there was no way he could meet the Marriott on price -- but he guaranteed a spotlessly clean room, and exceptional service. Yep, he delivered.

If you are in Vail for a business trip or pleasure and are willing to treat yourself (for some extra cash) -- the Arrabelle is it.

PS - One other nice unexpected treat -- unlimited filtered water delivered to your room in reusable sealed glass containers -- vs. a small Fiji water for $5 at other hotels.

Room Tip: When you make a reservation -- check to see if you can get a room with a mountain view. The balconi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We just got back from a week at the Arrabelle in Vail. It was spectacular! We are a family of 5 with 3 kids, 10, 9 & 9 and we traveled with my parents too, which is why we got a 3 bedroom suite. The suite was HUGE! The family room/dining room and kitchen were absolutely massive with 3 balconies. The master bedroom was also massive with a beautiful, luxurious bathroom with steam shower, fireplace, and another balcony. The other rooms were very large too. All had their own TVs. There was a washer and dryer, full kitchen stocked with pots, pans, plates, glasses, etc. etc. There were four full bathrooms, so definitely no fighting over getting in the bathrooms.

The location is excellent. It's very close to the Eagle Bahn gondola, which was nice in the summer, but would be really awesome if you were staying here during ski season.

We love to get suites when we travel. We are just not very fond of cramming our family into a hotel room. We're spoiled, I admit. Sometimes, though, when you get a house, condo or a huge suite, you compromise on service--which was the case with the condo we rented for Spring Break in Whistler, BC this year--see my review for Carleton Lodge if you are interested in that.

I am soooo happy to say that The Arabelle is the exception to this. Not only did we have a spacious 3 bedroom suite, but we also got ALL the amenities that go with a LUXURY resort. We had daily maid service, daily turn down service, access to the hotel's shuttle service--they will take you or pick you up from anywhere 24 hours a day. There was always fresh water in the lobby, granola bars during the day, tea, coffee, hot chocolate & hot cider in the mornings, helpful concierge--EVERYTHING you would expect from any of the best hotels in the world.

I did not want to leave. I want to go back. The kids also enjoyed the rooftop pool. It is so nice to sit in the hot tub looking over the mountain, sipping wine, watching the kids swim--paradise. It was especially nice to get out of the August Texas heat to the nice, chilly climate of Colorado. I would highly recommend The Arrabelle and I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mom2three70
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were very skeptical about this hotel because of some bad reviews (from 2009) however we let them know our concerns and they spoiled us!! We had a gret anniversary trip here. Book the suite with two balconys. It's amazing. The views of the mountain would be nice but not during weekdays when there is construction going on next door. Even with that I still Love the place. I love the use of high end materials. It's just heaven here!! Enjoy!!!

• Stayed August 2012
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Staying at the Arrabelle Hotel in Vail is like living in Wonderland for a week. I went with my co-workers for 5 days and we had the best time ever experiencing Vail resort by staying at this luxury hotel. What made our stay even better is that we got a great booking from Vail Horizons as well as an awesome ski-package deal from them. I am from California, so its great that folks like Vail Horizons continuously offer so many amazing deals and opportunities to stay both at a luxury hotel and ski for a great price! The Arrabelle itself is incredibly beautiful and luxurious and located right in the centre of Vail Village! I greatly recommend staying there and will plan to do it all over again this upcoming season. Its amazing to experience such a different world at a local ski resort without travelling outside of the country.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brad T
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

The Arrabel hotel is one of the top five hotels in Vail. It is essentially a ski resort splendidly located on Lionsquare just a few minutes away from main town Vail. We stayed in an estimated 1,000 sq foot 2 bedrooom privately owned apartment, room 408, which was nicely appointed and equipped with a large kitchen an ample space for entertaining. The master bedroom was large and the in-suite bathroom had a beautiful bathtub and jacuzzi and a separated shower and steam room. The apartment's best feature however was its impressive view of the mountains and ski runs, the first thing you would see as you open the black out curtains every morning. The hotel's staff was extremely friendly and courteous and all facilities were in perfect working condition including the spa, the rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzis.  The gondola that takes you to the ski slopes is located literally just a couple of minutes from the hotel's terrace restaurant, so it is extremely convenient for those looking at skiing in wonderful Vail. We stayed there for a week in July and we were not disappointed. Vail is a wonderful mountain town all year around offering cooler temperatures, lots of sun, occasional rains and plenty of outdoor entertainment. There are numerous restaurants along the gracious streets of town which resembles an alpine city. We will come back.

Stayed July 2012
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel exceeded our expectations. The staff went above and beyond to be helpful. We enjoyed the nice selection of fine dining and shopping that is in walking distance. The hotel and surrounding areas were beautiful and spotless. We will be staying at the Arrabelle every time we visit Vail.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul B
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I'm particular about hotels. Some may use the word "nitpicky". The sight of a stray hair in a hotel bathroom makes me cringe, my room service order should really be impressive, and if the guy in the hotel room next door is playing Michael Bolton and I can hear it, game is over for me.

I rarely say this, but I have nothing to say here. Nothing negative. The Arrabelle was gorgeous. The room (a 3 bedroom, 3 bath) was beautiful, and the decor was tasteful but updated. The 4th floor pool was a unique setting, overlooking rooftops and ski slopes from Vail Mtn. The clock tower even played a song from the Sound of Music, without my request.

The location of the hotel is excellent-in Lionshead, close to where the ski school convenes. There are some good restaurants nearby, including the Vail Chophouse and Blue Moose Pizza. Service was great, and the concierge was super helpful with a rafting trip for our family of 6.

Really the only con from this stay was a few burnt out lightbulbs, that I probably could have called housekeeping about, but didn't (we were outside enjoying the beautiful mountain scenery all day anyway).

So in summary, I'm picky, Super picky, looking-for-a-downside in my first lap around the rooms-picky. I don't have any complaints about the Arrabelle. And I'm not even a plant. There you go-treat yourselves!

Room Tip: If you're across from the Tavern on a weekend night, you should probably not plan to go to bed b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family