Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
Vail Marriott Mountain Resort(Vail)(Great Value!)
$169
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Sonnenalp(Vail)(Great Value!)
$210
  • Pool
Hotel Talisa, Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
$205
$144
Starwood.com
  • Restaurant
The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort(Vail)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Pool
Christiania at Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
$127
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$297
  • Pool
The Sebastian - Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
$302
$239
  • Pool
Vail Mountain Lodge(Vail)(Great Value!)
$165
$160
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsski valetrooftop poolbeautiful hoteltop notchheated floorsskating rinkthe eagle bahn gondolacar servicein room diningoff seasonrock resortsski hoteldinner reservationshotel restaurantturn down serviceapres skilionshead area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I loved this hotel and the staff was outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to every one I know. The valets and desk staff were the best I have ever seen.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
BryanAustin, General Manager at Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Thank you for your review and sharing your positive comments of our Valet and Front Desk staff during your stay, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Arrabelle on your next visit to Vail, Colorado.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stayed here for a week of spring skiing.

It's hard to fault the Arrabelle much. There are always going to be a few niggles when you stay somewhere for a week, but really they were few and far between at this hotel.

We had originally booked two rooms via a travel agent as part of a ski package, and because our kids are 11 & 13, had requested adjoining or interconnecting rooms. The travel agent contacted us a few days before we were due to leave to let us know that the hotel was unable to offer adjoining or interconnecting rooms due to other bookings, but would we be OK if we had a two-bedroom condo/suite instead? Sure, no problem!

The arrival experience was absolutely fine - it had been a long flight followed by a two-hour drive up from Denver, and I was dreading having to wait in line or something with two tired kids in tow. In fact, we were checked in very quickly, the car was valet parked and our luggage made it to the room promptly so we could all crash into bed as soon as possible.

The suite or condo was a very generous size - a living room that could accommodate probably five or six people; large dining table and kitchen area with a four-person breakfast bar and the usual enormous American fridge. Both bedrooms and the living room boasted colossal flat-screen TVs with cable & DVD players attached. There was a utility closet with washer & dryer, and the master bedroom had a walk-in closet. Bathrooms were similarly well-sized and everything looked fairly new (the Arrabelle was finished in 2008). The style was typically western rustic but very comfortable. There was free WiFi internet throughout the hotel. The valet parking also appears to be complimentary for hotel guests, which was a pleasant surprise (otherwise $25 per day).

Breakfast was a bit odd. We had arranged for B&B accommodation, so breakfast was included. We would have expected in a hotel of this size and stature that there would be a buffet but instead an a la carte breakfast was served in the casual restaurant, Centre V. Service was not always as speedy as we would have liked, but was generally upbeat and friendly. On a couple of occasions, the pancakes and waffles didn't taste all that good (maybe batter made with sour milk?) but they didn't quibble about us sending them back. We thought it a bit odd that there was no formal restaurant in the hotel - just a bar and casual place.

The location is very good - literally ten or twenty paces from the bottom of the slopes. Lionshead has one significant advantage over Vail Village itself - it has both a high speed quad chair AND a gondola. This meant there were pretty much no delays getting to the top during the day. When you only get to ski six days a year, the last thing you want is to be stuck in a line at the bottom each morning! Also on the doorstep was the ski school and a couple of places to eat. The downside of Lionshead vs Vail proper is the choice of dining and general size of the village - there are really only about half a dozen places to eat a big meal in the evening at Lionshead, most of them towards the casual end of the spectrum. If you want to eat fancy food every night, you're better off in Vail Village itself. If, on the other hand, you're there for the skiing then Lionshead is a good choice.

Another nice feature of the Arrabelle was that there was a ski valet right on the slopes (operated by Vail Sports, but complimentary for Arrabelle residents). It's great at the end of the day not to have to lug your boots & skis more than a couple of steps!

BTW, the swimming pool is on the roof outside and it's pretty small.

Skiing in Vail is not cheap - if you're planning a trip, make sure you take advantage of the advance purchase options for things like lift tickets. For example, the normal rate is about $90 per day for an adult pass, but we bought passes covering the last two weeks of the season for $279 apiece.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Russell N

Thank you for your review and sharing with me the positive aspects of your ski vacation at the Arrabelle and I appreciate your comments on your breakfast experience in CentreV, we do offer a breakfast buffet during our winter season however only through March then we switch to A La Carte service for breakfast. I'm please to hear you enjoyed our location to the gondola and the high speed quad chair lift. Thank you for taking the time to review our property I truly value all comments from our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Arrabelle on your next visit to Vail.

With warmest regards,

The Arrabelle at Vail Sqaure

Reviewed April 26, 2011

This was a highly-rated hotel and it lived up to its reputation. They pay great attention to details. Most lights have dimmers which can really change the room from bright to comfortably-lit, although the master light switch at the front door is confusing. Sheets are said to be 1000-count, and did feel nice to sleep on. The staff was super helpful, although one concierge advised us to go to a “nice” restaurant that turned out to be a pub. The pool area has to outside hot tubs, and a shower in the nearby rest room, so you can rinse off before going back to your room. We had rented two rooms, which for some reason they could put us anywhere near each other, and that was kind of annoying, even though the hotel seemed to be far from full. The ski valet service is fantastic, which really makes the beginning and end of the ski day easy. Each room has a gas fireplace, which turns out with a flick of the switch- very nice! They also have free transportation to Vail Village, via a Cadillac Escalade, which is a nice way to go!

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and sharing with me your positive feedback. We work very hard to exceed each of our guests expectations done to the smallest details. I have shared your feedback with our concierge staff to better anticipate our guests expections. I have also shared your positive comments on your service with our ski valet department.

I look forward to seeing you at The Arrabelle on your next visit to Vail.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2011

My family stayed at a 3 br, 3 bath residence in the Arrabelle for five days. We skied, used the spa, skated, shopped at the village and had a great time. The residence had granite counter tops, hard wood floors, Viking appliances, whirlpool tub, washer / dryer, steam sauna in the master and TV's in every room. There was plenty of closet space, storage space and sound proofing. The doors were made of solid wood and plenty of marble in the bathrooms.

The concierge staff and housekeeping were wonderful and took care of our every need. The bell staff were quick, polite and efficient. We had drinks and burgers at the hotel bar, Centre V. We found the atmosphere to be lively, the food and service great.

A very nice feature for people staying at the Arrabelle is complimentary use of the ski valet service. Although it is only 50 yards from the Arrabelle to the gondola, being able to walk 5 yards to the valet and have your equipment cared for was a nice service that I will look for in the future at other resorts. I believe the ski valet is available for travelers in other nearby lodges for a fee, I'm not positive though.

After staying at several ski-in, ski-out lodges in the Rockies I have to say that the Arrabelle is THE BEST. We plan to go back in the summer to experience the Arrabelle in the warmer months.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing with me your comments regarding your stay with us. I'm pleased to hear the positive comments with our housekeeping, concierge and our ski valet staff. We receive many positive comments from our guests on our condos and the high quality of products within them. I see your are planning to return this summer with us, if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kind regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I recently returned from five fabulous days at the Arrabelle. My friends and I were supposed to stay at a sister property but there was an issue with our reservation and we ended up getting moved to the Arrabelle which is a beautiful luxury hotel. The hotel and the staff were wonderful! The location couldn't have been better with a short walk to the lifts in the morning. Upon check-in, our skis and boots were whisked away to the ski valet which was directly across from the Eagle Bahn Gondola & Lift 8. We had a huge corner room with two queen beds and a fireplace and lots of room to spare. Our balcony overlooked the skating rink.

Vail Village is not that far if you want to take a leisurely walk or you can take the in-town shuttle or you can have the bellmen drive you back and forth. We opted for the later which was really wonderful especially for skiing down to Vail Village at the end of the day for apres ski.

The hotel has a rooftop pool and two hot tubs with a view of the mountain. I also took advantage of the Spa at the Arrabelle. I highly recommend a spa treatment if you have the time.

I've already started planning my return trip to the Arrabelle for next year's ski trip. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
BryanAustin, General Manager at Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at The Arrabelle. I truly value the feedback from all our guests. I have shared your comments with our staff and look forward to welcoming you back to The Arrabelle on your next trip to Vail, Colorado.

Kind regards,