Tripadvisor
Vail

“Fresh, big portions, great”
Review of Casa Mexico

Casa Mexico
Ranked #71 of 125 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stumbled upon this Mexican restaurant while trying to avoid the Vail ski area hustle. Very clean, fresh food, attentive service and they offered my favorite margarita: jalapeño. They serve salsa and queso with chips. I prefer a spicier blend of salsa and they have a fantastic spicy verde salsa...you just have to ask.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (111)

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner. Great salsa and chips. Huge portions. I had the tacos Al pastor. Yummy. Plus a round of tequila shots to complete the experience.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed August 28, 2019

Casa Mexico offers a different kind of Mexican food (not like what you find in Texas), a variety of good margaritas, and an average to fair service wait staff.

Reviewed August 22, 2019

I was exhausted when I arrived at the next door Doubletree hotel. It was a long travel day. I was also hungry. I am very glad I visited Casa Mexico!

The service was efficient and friendly. I was seated quickly in a booth that was easy for me to access (I use a walker and am mobility impaired.)

There are daily luncheon specials and an extensive dinner menu.

The server started me with tortilla chips, a queso dip and salsa. There are several types of bottled hot sauce on each table. I am on a low carb regimen so I needed to avoid the chips, rice and beans (darn!). I ordered the fajita taco salad with grilled steak served over romaine lettuce and topped with green peppers, sour cream, guacamole and pico de Gallo served in a crispy shell. It was huge! I enjoyed cold Modelo Negra with it. My exhaustion soon disappeared.

Their motto is "Mexican food so good you may leave speaking Spanish." Viva Casa Mexico!!

Reviewed August 8, 2019

We sat outside and the waitress was wonderful. The chips and salsas are great and they kept filling them up. We had a shrimp diabolo dish and a whole fish dish (I am sorry I do not have the correct names for the dishes but you will recognize them). They both were raved about. I had the "Volcano"dish - a single - which easily could have fed two (can't imagine what the double looks like). The sauce was so yummy with the shrimp, beef, chicken added along with the traditional beans, rice, salad. Definitely fills you up but it was so good we all had to finish it!!!

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to Casa Mexico? Share your experiences!