“Faster than cafeteria food... but not in a good way”
Review of Alpenrose Vail

Alpenrose Vail
Reserve a Table
Tue, 5/21
8:00 PM
Ranked #72 of 134 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Where guests become friends.. With lovely prepared dishes from traditional recipes to fine classics and specialties with a touch of international culinary inspiration. We serve simple tasty home-style cuisine with hearty goulash, dumpling specialties, Kässpätzle and a savoury snack plate as well as a sweet finish with a selection of traditional Alpine desserts like Marillenknödel, Dampfnudeln, Palatschinken or apple strudel. For families and get-togethers with friends try our Walliser tomato fondue at long, comfy family tables and for our little one's we offer a special kid's menu. Warmth, hospitality and enjoying life - Welcome to Alpenrose!
Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

We made a dinner reservation for the only time available, 5:15 pm. We were seated right away. Staff was friendly.

I ordered the most expensive dish on the menu, a veal knuckle and my Mother Order the schnitzel (which is not veal - it’s pork).

Within 5 minutes, our food was plated and at our table. All pre-made and just reheated and scooped onto plates in the back. Flavors were bland. I’d eaten here years ago and don’t remember it being this way.

A bit disappointing for the cost of it. $110 for two people at the end.

Also, because it was only 6:00 pm by the time we left, they didn’t give us roses (typically, after dinner meals, each woman gets a rose - hence, their name).

Since them, I’ve tried Swiss Chalet in Vail (very close to AlpenRose) and one other German restaurant this week... WAY BETTER.

I’m a huge fan of Germanic cuisine and this just doesn’t cut it.

Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

Alpenrose is a true alpine experience from the large beer steins to the Swiss chalet type food. Soups and stews are excellent along with the other dishes. Very authentic and the patio is amazing to soak up the mountain air either for lunch or after hitting the slopes.

Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I both ordered the schnitzel and were very pleased! Amazing food, service and atmosphere. We highly recommend!

Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

During our recent ski trip to Vail, we had dinner here and also a quick lunch on the day of our departure.
As a regular visitor to the real Austrian Alps, I can attest to the fact that this is a close second to Almresi in creating the cosy alpine dining experience. The decor, music, terrace are all very nicely done.
The food we chose was excellent (Veal gulash and Apfelstrudel). On our last day, we had the Kaiserschmarrn which truth be told, were even slightly better than Almresi’s.
The staff was very helpful as we were a bit pressed for time.

We cannot compare to the old Alpenrose, but I was sad to read that some reviewers in Vail confuse good Alpine cuisine with Bratwurst. I would advice them never to go to the Alps, their cliché expectations might be outdated.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019

I loved the old Alpenrose and love the new! The clever old chairlift table was really cute...perfect photo op.
The Glühwein, delicious and perfect after one of the coldest weeks I've ever spent in Vail (single digit temps) and reminded me of Zermatt. The Austrian wine was light and bright and the pours very generous! Oh and schnapps served in tiny glass ski boots with a pine sprig and Alpen Spritzer is pink, served in a champagne glass with floating baby's breath. Warm pretzel served on an antler with home made mustard.
Corduroy Tyrolean wear with old fashioned ski googles was a little ingenuous but everyone was friendly and accomodating. Looking forward to returning for dinner.

Date of visit: February 2019

Been to Alpenrose Vail? Share your experiences!