“A nice experience ”

Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice warm meal after a day of skiing. My ghoulish was very tasty and nicely spicey. There was a nice selection of German beers on tap. We had a party of 7 and all went away satisfied. The apple strudel was a definite hit for dessert.

1  Thank BWCinCary

Reviewed February 13, 2014

The Alpenrose is my absolute favorite restaurant in Vail. I just like the casual and friendly nature of the people that work there. The food is always delicious and creative. Fun spot.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

The service was attentive and we were seated right away. We were seated at a table for two, which was barely big enough for our plates, bread plates, drink glasses, bread board. Started out sharing a bowl of the pea soup and wieners which was more than enough to share; very hearty and flavorful. Main course was the oso bucco and the goulash. Again, lots of food. I even took a portion of the veal shank home with me for lunch the next day (they even gave me a couple extra rolls to take home). For dessert we had passion fruit mousse/cake. It was nice. The only complaint I have is that we were seated upstairs and it was very warm. By the time we got dessert I was ready to go outside and cool off, snow and all! The coffee didn't help but I really couldn't enjoy my coffee or dessert for being so hot.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

No problems here. It is a nice restaurant. Had the Weisswurst and enjoyed it. Sort of a hearty German type cuisine. Probably should have tried the Weinerschnitzel but didn't.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Having lived in Germany, it was easy to tell that this was the real deal. The restaurant was small and authentically decorated. There was a bakery and bar (IIRC) downstairs, with the dining area upstairs. We all started out with pea soup (and sausage). This is a Bavarian staple, and it was delicious. I had beef tips with cheese over spätzle, and they were really good. Service was attentive.This is Vail Village, though, and prices were high. Unlike a restaurant in Germany, we felt some pressure to finish up and leave--in Germany your table is yours for the evening, if you wish. But for a once-a-year visit, no regrets.

Been to Alpenrose Restaurant? Share your experiences!