“Relaxing coffee break on the patio.”

Alpenrose Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 127 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

While wondering around Vail our group decided it was time to rest and refuel. The Alpenrose was the perfect choice. The women ordered cappuccinos to go with our bienenstich kuchen. I have a problem with cappuccinos because some cafes serve what I feel is a latte. This was more of a latte in my opinion but was still delicious. The bee sting cake was beyond delicious. The men ordered coffee, a macaroon and an apfelstrudel. I tried my husband coffee and macaroon which were both tasty. The friend who had the apfelstrudel said it was also delicious. My female friend is from Germany and the rest of us have lived in Germany so we loved the atmosphere and the food. Many of the other patrons on the patio were speaking german and seemed to be regulars. When we return to Vail we will also return to the Alpenrose.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Alpenrose accommodated our rehearsal dinner party of 55 guests at the last minute after we had to relocate our wedding due to flooding in Colorado. They were so helpful and kind that it made changing our plans much easier. I had the trout for dinner and it was THE best trout I've ever had. Our guests are still talking about how delicious all of the food was. The service was excellent. And you have to try the almond horns, they're amazing!!! Love this place!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went to this restaurant as part of a wedding party. We were a large group and despite this, the service was efficient, friendly, and helpful. And the food! Every member of our party that I spoke to said their choice was excellent I ordered the wiener schnitzel and my husband the trout. If in Vail, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Myself and a freind traveled to Vail from Rifle Co specifically to dine at the Alpenrose because of it being German.What a dissapointment.The service was horrible at best we were given the impression she didn't care if we were there or no.We both ordered the weinerschnitzel and it certainly was not authentic. The freind of mine was born and raised in Germany I was stationed in Germany for many years So we are both familiar with German food.It was not a good experience to say the least and we will not be making a return trip to the Alpenrose as we were bot very very dissappointed.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Was here with family, each ordered different entree. Everybody has wonderful experience. Surprised that even the house salad was really good. The place has a nice German touch and this a place we will come back if go to Vail again.

Been to Alpenrose Restaurant? Share your experiences!