“Excellent service and food”

Alpenrose Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 122 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Estes Park, Colorado
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went to this restaurant as part of a wedding party. We were a large group and despite this, the service was efficient, friendly, and helpful. And the food! Every member of our party that I spoke to said their choice was excellent I ordered the wiener schnitzel and my husband the trout. If in Vail, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Rifle
“Not Good”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Myself and a freind traveled to Vail from Rifle Co specifically to dine at the Alpenrose because of it being German.What a dissapointment.The service was horrible at best we were given the impression she didn't care if we were there or no.We both ordered the weinerschnitzel and it certainly was not authentic. The freind of mine was born and raised in Germany I was stationed in Germany for many years So we are both familiar with German food.It was not a good experience to say the least and we will not be making a return trip to the Alpenrose as we were bot very very dissappointed.

Denver, Colorado
“Exceptional food and service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Was here with family, each ordered different entree. Everybody has wonderful experience. Surprised that even the house salad was really good. The place has a nice German touch and this a place we will come back if go to Vail again.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped by for lunch and enjoyed sitting on their terrace where we could watch people enjoying their day on the pedestrian mall of Vail. My husband ordered split pea soup and pronounced it the best he'd had. I ordered the goulash. It was filled with meat, but I would have preferred more vegetables and more spice. I found it very bland. Still, I would try the restaurant again. The service was very attentive.

Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Best German Food in Area”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Best German Food around Vail. Great beer selection.
Outdoor seating was nice but chairs were uncomfortable and cramped.

Visited September 2013

Been to Alpenrose Restaurant? Share your experiences!