“perfect honeymoon start”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Mansfield, ma
“perfect honeymoon start”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I have never skied out west before so for our honeymoon we decided to start there and then head to Mexico. I could have stayed in Vail forever!

From start to finish The Sebastian made our trip an absolute dream! Their booking department is small and we dealt with Able the whole time. He was awesome. Able was able to get us an amazing rate for our stay there, followed up with us to make sure everything was satisfactory , and honestly just seemed genuinely excited for us to come there.
The second we arrived and pulled in ( we rented a car and drove from Denver), the Valet was beyond pleasant as well at the front desk staff. By this point we could tell that this hotel prides itself on the happiness of its guests.
Our room was very nice, you don't spend much time in it so we chose to just go with a standard room. The Whole hotel has this rustic chic feel, its has all the essentials to make sure you feel like you're in the Mountains, but also bring in a sort of swanky modern boutique feel ( my husband and I love boutique hotels). The hotel grounds are amazing, every night we spent at least an hour out in one of their outdoor hot-tubs and then by the big fire pit. Its amazing being surrounded by snow mts and lights while outside but being completely comfortable and toasty.
The Frost Bar was great, Their bar manager Ben we immediately clicked with because he was from Boston as well, but that aside he was so beyond friendly, knowledgeable, and you can just tell he truly enjoys the service industry. Ben is absolutely and asset to The Sebastian.
The concierge Morgan was so helpful and friendly, he was able to pull some strings and get us a reservation last minute at one of the most popular restaurants in the area.
Im so mad at myself that I cannot remember his name, but one of the guys who worked the front desk was so above and beyond great too. The maid had accidentally broken my Chanel Perfume while cleaning our room ( accidents happen no big deal). Upon returning from dinner, it was as if he was waiting by the door of the lobby to tell us, but he also had a few solutions for us as well. This was our last night and we were flying out to Mexico early the next morning, they had tried to track a new bottle down for me but it was late and were unable to. They offered to get a bottle as soon as the stores opened in the morning and express it to our hotel in Mexico for me. I was so grateful at the lengths they were willing to go to make sure I was compensated. We opted to just be compensated and save them the hassle.

Few other notes-

Hotel GM is so nice, great to talk to, treats everyone as a special guest ( as does the rest of the staff), Same with the gentleman who runs the functions there. So personable I'm sure planning a wedding with him is a dream!

Food is SO good! Hands down the best burger Ive ever had was at the Frost bar; the Wagyu burger ... HAVE ONE

Sorry if this review was lengthy but I could go on forever about how much I love this hotel and cannot wait to return, You don't know what you are missing until you visit the Sebastian. From both my husband and Myself, Thank you so much to the entire Sebastian family.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
London
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed here for 3 weeks in December/January and really liked the place. The staff are very attentive, pleasant and generally a credit to the place. The rooms are good, although not quite as luxurious as described. Don't get me wrong - they are nice - but if you read the website you would think that you are entering the world of the top hotels rooms of the world - they are not quite there.....

The ski valet service is second to none - I have to say it really worked well for me. The short walk to the slope is good for loosening up and then your skis are about as close as they could get to the gondola.

I really liked the breakfast at the Market (separate review done) and the water and fruit service was very nice. I guess part of the resort fee.

So - I would probably come back - unfortunately on my next trip to vail in Feb - the prices were 4 times more than I paid in January so off to try another hotel next trip. I may well regret it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Spent 4 nights here w/ some friends. Large two bedroom suite w/ shared living room and kitchen... all very nice, great views. Breakfast buffet was outstanding, huge variety and staff could not have been more welcoming. Only minor issues w/ trying to order breakfast in room...despite our efforts to get them to take our breakfast card...it somehow fell off the door and was never picked up. Another day breakfast arrived (though a bit late)...then called when we were done at 8am...yet six and half hours later when we returned breakfast was still on table.
Overall, great hotel, would stay there again but for the price would like to see service a bit tighter.
Nice little gym, great pool/hot tubs. Easy 5 min walk to their base camp, where you keep your skis etc.

Room Tip: Our room looked over pool and at mountain, great view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank HClowd
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Our 10 day stay at the Sebastian just didn't seem enough...our two bedroom-3 full bathrooms residence was impeccably appointed...and equipped to make you feel right at home. The conveniently located Base Camp provides you in Vail a close enough ski in/ski out experience. The restaurant Leonora, Market and lobby's Frost -bar- are top notch (great Margaritas by the way!!!). Our 5 year old daughter also loves the hotel because it is very kid friendly. I also enjoyed the recently revamped gym. All in all, a superb experience!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hope Island, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we felt like we were at home. Bryan from reception, Eric and Brendan, right through to Audrey and GM Lance made us feel so welcome.
That aside, it's a beautiful boutique property. It's located central to Vail village and a few minute walk to the village. This is truly a classy property that I couldn't recommend higher enough. Thanks to staff and management for making our stay so such a memorable one :-) 10/10

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank RockyD1973
Calabasas, California
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel is very quaint and lovely. It is the perfect size, not very large and it feels very homey. The staff is so friendly and they greeted me every single time I walked into the lobby. I was always offered a beverage or absolutely anything in order to make my trip more enjoyable. I was here during Christmas with my family, and although they could definitely put out some more festive decorations, it was still very nice. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I can't wait to stay here again at a future date.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrew A
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a very nice time. The hotel is beautiful and very well located. We where the with all the family and went skiing every day. The rooms are huge and you have everything you need. Kids love to get there and rest and be cozy and warm.
The went walking distance to ski school and they had tons of fun. Is really fun and I really recommend it.

Room Tip: If you try nice the people at ski school they will show you how to do more diferent tricks
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Vail Mountain Lodge
Vail Mountain Lodge
#10 of 30 in Vail

Been to The Sebastian - Vail? Share your experiences!