“A 40th Birthday to Remember!!!”

The Sebastian - Vail
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Boca Raton, Florida
“A 40th Birthday to Remember!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went to Vail to celebrate my 40th Birthday with my husband, daughter and two nieces. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this wonderful hotel!!!! All the staff was very attentive, every single one of them! We stayed in a beautiful 2 bedroom, 3 baths condo that was just fantastic! The views were breath taking; the concierge Katherine English was just amazing, helpful, and knowledgeable!! We really enjoyed our week at this place, and we are looking forward to staying again at this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MARIA H
alynch84, Director of Sales at The Sebastian - Vail, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Maria - We are so glad you chose The Sebastian as your hotel to celebrate your 40th! Congratulations on 40 great years and we hope to see you and your family again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Ham Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is AMAZING! From the beautiful rooms, gorgeous views and attentive staff, we could not have been happier with our long weekend in Vail! Katherine at the concierge desk was a hoot and VERY knowledgeable about the area. The guys doing valet were fantastic and the front desk was GREAT! Even the short time we chatted with housekeeping was superb! I might book another trip to Vail just to stay at the Sebastian again! You will NOT be disappointed!

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. It was bigger than my townhouse! VERY qu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah S
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I just got back today from spending the weekend in Vail to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel! I've never been to Vail, so when trying to find a place to stay, I went back and forth between this and the Arabelle (Lionshead). So incredibly happy with our decision! The place is absolutely beautiful. From the second we pulled up, the staff was over the top accommodating. We were surprised with an upgrade upon checkin. The front desk staff walked us through the hotel to point out all of the amenities. About 20 minutes after we got settled in our room, we were surprised with a gift from the concierge...a bottle of champagne on ice & two glasses, because according to the gentleman who dropped it off "you can't celebrate your anniversary without champagne!"

Throughout the weekend, the staff was phenomenal! Incredibly helpful with recommendations of places to go, eat, enjoy, etc. Very friendly and they make it a point to make you feel comfortable...as if you own one of the residences there!

The frost bar was a great in-hotel bar. The pool and hot tubs were the perfect temperature...and the poolside service was an appreciated touch. Great espresso in the room, terrific free snacks, fruit, water, soda all added to the experience. The location was also great. A very short walk to anything and there is a free shuttle (stops right outside the hotel) to take you over to Lionshead if you want to see that area as well. If you need to get anywhere the shuttle doesn't go (we went over to Vail Stables - and they drove my husband to the supermarket!) they have a free car service to drop you off and pick you up.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop! In a nutshell, probably the best hotel staff and experience we could have asked for. I highly recommend this over a chain hotel and we'll definitely be back in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather C
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My sister, two kids and I stayed at The Sebastian in June. I got a great rate through my membership with iPrefer, which included a hotel credit. The hotel was lovely. It is upscale and modern feel while maintaining a warm and inviting feel. Our room was comfortable and had plenty of space to spread out. We did actually look at moving up to a room with a balcony, but it cut the room size down significantly, so just stayed where we were. The location is great in Vail Village. Also, the free bus between Villages is so user friendly and convenient. My kids swam at the pool almost every afternoon while my sister and I enjoyed mojitos in the lounge chairs. There was some construction behind the pool which wasn't the most pleasant, but certainly not the fault of the Sebastian. My sister and I both enjoyed the spa while there. My service was great! We also took advantage of the room service. The trail mix and snack mix which was delivered daily, as well as the cookies at turn down service were a huge hit with my kids. Additionally, housekeeping always kept us well stocked with water. We ate breakfast at the hotel cafe several times which was always yummy. The valet guys were awesome. Anytime we left, they ensured we had fresh bottles of water and that we knew where we were going. The only negative was that we were misguided by concierge once. They told us that a specific hike should take '45 minutes - MAX an hour with kids'. After ascending for an hour and a half and STILL not being close to reaching the top, we turned around and headed back down. While my kids are younger (4 and 7), we were going at a pretty good pace and saw other hikers who laughed at us being told it only took that long. Again, not the worst thing that happened and actually turned out to be an adventure as we got caught in a rain storm half way back down, but would have liked to have known what we were getting into from the beginning. :-) A few stand outs - the guy who plans special events (I think this is his role) was super friendly. Enjoyed his warm, upbeat personality. I celebrated my birthday during our stay and was surprised with a bottle of champagne in our room. The cafe opened after hours one late afternoon so I could purchase cupcakes (delicious!) that I had been promising to my kids. Overall, a relaxing, fun vacation. I'd definitely stay here again when returning to Vail whether with family or just my husband for a couple get away.

Room Tip: Note that rooms with a balcony may cut down on room square footage. You may get a balcony, but los...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TXWanderlust
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have been lucky enough to come to this hotel many times for various occasions: birthdays, 40 wedding anniversary, friend trips, family trips. The entire staff is so friendly, professional, helpful. They will try to accommodate your every wish. This is an A+ establishment. We really look forward to planning our future trips to The Sebastian.
Maureen

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Maureen H
alynch84, Public Relations Manager at The Sebastian - Vail, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for all your wonderful words on The Sebastian. We are working on getting great repeat customers, just like you.

Having opened in January of 2011 we are very young for a Vail hotel. We are so glad that you enjoy your time here at The Sebastian and have come to see us for various events and your personal stays, our staff works hard to ensure that each and every guest is recognized as an individual and that each time is special. Your reviews are a testament to their efforts. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the hotel our experience was perfect. Kiki at the front desk greeted us and upgraded our room immediately. The room was lovely. The amenities are awesome. Great products in the room. The fact that there is no charge for water, snacks and soda was an added bonus. The rooms were very clean and if you needed anything, all you had to do is ask. The concierge was very helpful and always available. The pool area was nice except there was some construction going on so the hotel manager arranged for us to to go over to another great hotel to use their facilities while there was noise. The spa was perfect and the staff that work there could not of been lovlier. The location was perfect as well. Right in the heart of Vail so you could walk everywhre. As you can see, I have nothing bad to say. My husband and I will be back!!!!!
Thank you all for making our vacation a great one!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smilee9898
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at the Sebastian as part of a Groupon deal. Because it was the off season we were able to get a room at a cheap price along with mountain bike rentals. Room was clean and stock with amenities like bathrobes, humidifier, etc. Very courteous staff. We will be back when there is snow on the mountain!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DSL107
alynch84, Director of Sales at The Sebastian - Vail, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for trying us out and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay. Ski season is less than 66 days away. The earlier you book the more you save, call our sales agents today and ask about the great book by specials or our Ski Free Spa Free Package. Thank you again for giving The Sebastian-Vail a try and we look forward to seeing you in your ski gear!.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail

Been to The Sebastian - Vail? Share your experiences!