“Wonderful!”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

A truly wonderful location in Vail right in the heart if Vail Village. More amazing than the views is the amazing staff. The hotel is gorgeous with the most exceptional service I have ever received at a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have nothing bad to say about this place. I recently got married in September 2012 and it was perfect. Everyone stayed at The Sebastian and we had our welcome dinner with them. The rooms are amazing, the service was perfect, the food is surprisingly yummy, the view is spectacular. Literally this place is perfect and I couldn't find a single thing wrong with it. If you plan to visit Vail, go to The Sebastian!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We greatly enjoyed our recent stay at the Sebastian. We were very pleased by the high level of customer service displayed by the staff of the Sebastian. We appreciated the assistance of everyone from the Valet Service, to the Front Desk, to the Concierge. The Concierge recommended a jeep tour with a great guide. We would, and will, recommend The Sebastian to anyone going to Vail. The location is convenient to shopping and eating. Thanks, so much. (I would disagree with the reviewer who liked the bath products, but, that is always a matter of personal taste.)

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I have travelled enough to know that, even at the best hotels, it is rare to find an establishment that maintains exceptional customer service throughout the staff. Frankly, I expect the concierge, the front desk staff, and the food service staff to be polite and solicitous. Par for the course. When the people who make up the room - and, in our case, the gentleman from engineering who fixed the cable TV - exhibit the same level of courtesy, you can be sure you've found a truly exceptional hotel! The Sebastian is that hotel.

Of course tastes vary, but I find the hotel absolutely exquisite - the art, the design, the finishes and textures are far beyond the norm. The Sebastian is a treat for the eyes, no matter where you look. The location couldn't be better. We were fortunate enough to be staying in one of the residences, and it was warm and mountain-y but also contemporary. Every detail was right - fresh coffee for the coffee-maker - and well-stocked espresso machine - water and soda (no charge!!!) in the fridge. Absolutely total attention to detail. Whoever designed the room - and provided the amenities - truly put him or herself in the place of a guest and thought, "what could I possible want if I were staying here?" -- then proceeded to build an experience that meets every whim.

The Sebastian is exceptional on every level!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a fantastic place to stay in the heart of Vail Village. Within walking distance to everything! The staff at The Sebastian go above and beyond to meet all your needs. From the minute you arrive you are made to feel welcome, from the valet employees to the front desk staff and it continues even with housekeeping and the service personnel in the restaurants and bar. The accommodations were spotless and more then comfortable. If you are looking for a hotel that adds that special touch The Sebastian is the one! The Sebastian will give that special touch that some of the larger hotels lack! I will definitely return for another extended stay!

denver, colorado
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a wonderful, but too short, girls weekend at The Sebastian a couple of weeks ago. I was blown away by the amazing service the staff all over the hotel provided. We were greeted by no less than 5 people upon arriving; helping us with everything from opening doors, offering water or coffee or tea, showing us to our room, and so many other things. None of this service felt forced or with any expectations. It truly felt like the staff WANTED to help you have an amazing trip. The bartender even came out into the lobby to offer us a cocktail!!!

The rooms are beautiful. Spacious, wonderful bath products, complimentary water, coke, and trail mix, and super comfortable beds. The location is great, right in the village.

Thank you to everyone at the Sebastian who made our weekend unforgettable. I can't wait to come back (hopefully sooner rather than later!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Centennial, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Ahhhhhh, The Sebastian!! Girls weekend with 13 ladies, 4 glorious rooms, and GENUINE customer service!! I cannot believe how little we paid for such a glorious hotel. Other hotels in the area wanted at least twice as much!! The building and grounds are STUNNING.... every square inch and everywhere you look!! From the lighting, the textured walls, the beautiful wood accents, the hip decor, the fireplace in the lobby, the comfy beds, the spa, the hot tubs, the cafes and bars, and the sitting rooms....there is truly no need to even leave :) The staff always had genuine smiles on their faces, always greeted us, and were always willing to help in any way. They drove us to the trail head of Booth Falls AND picked us up when we were done. The drivers were friendly and had great recommendations for us. I ended up needing to get a massage due to a migraine on Sunday and The Bloom Spa got me in within 1 hour from the time I called. My therapist, Kerry Ann Clarke can work magic with her hands!! She was talented, passionate, and kind and everyone at the spa wanted to know if I felt better.....which I did after a 50 minute massage and oxygen therapy!! When I needed a late check out, the woman at the desk kindly asked, "What time works best for you?" I mean, how nice is that!!! The Sebastian will be our annual girls weekend hotel from here on out!!! You can't get any better than the BEST!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 426 which had a beautiful view of the mountain. We actually saw them making the fi...