“Very nice and modern hotel”

The Sebastian - Vail
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The people at this hotel were so nice and helpful. There were cookies, snacks and drinks in the room waiting when we arrived. They have a free movie rental box where you can pick out a movie and watch it in your room. There is a nice gym, pool and 4 hot tubs. The hotel is right in the heart of Vail and within walking distance to everything. This is a great hotel and I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel is located in an ideal spot close to the center of Vail. Checking in the clerk actually walked us to the elevators explaining all the amenities of the hotel. The room was comfortable, excellent beds and linen. Complimentary water, soda and small snacks were always available in the room. Around 6 each evening the staff checked on our comfort and dropped off some cookies. The hotel was quiet and it was easy to get a good night of sleep.

There is a small warm pool with a waterfall surrounded by 4 hot tubs. Poolside service was quick and friendly. Walking out from the hotel there are a myriad choice of restaurants within 5 minutes. The staff, from the maids to the concierge, were all friendly and helpful, quite the best hotel we have stayed at for a long time!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Sebastian in late September. The hotel is very elegant, the staff is extremely courteous and the pool/spa area is fantastic. The rooms are a bit disappointing. They are clean and functional but extremely dark (I'm sure that depends on which side of the hotel you're staying in). The biggest disappointment was the bathroom--dated. For the price of the room, I would have expected more--it reminded me of a bathroom you find in a budget hotel.

A minor disappointment was the audio visual and music technology in the room--also a bit dated. I was expecting an easy way to use my iPod but that was not the case. Finally, much was made about the value a guest gets from the resort fee. I was a bit disappointed that it ended up being some bottled water, a few cokes, some trail mix and some coffee. Not a great value.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay as I wasn't in the room much. I'd recommend staying there as the location is great, the staff are extremely helpful and the other amenities are first class.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
alynch84, Director of Sales at The Sebastian - Vail, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your great feedback on our service, location and amenities. We are glad that you had a good time and will return. If you could get in touch with me to let me know what you would like to see from a technology standpoint that would be wonderful.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at The Sebastian during the off season and it was pretty quite in Vail. The people at the hotel, however were busy and took excellent care of us. The room was amazing, the chocolate chip cookies, the robes, slippers and beverages in the fridge were as expected - GREAT. This is a first class facility and you cannot lose when you stay here. We will be back.

1  Thank robertocollins
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My Boyfriend and I went with some friends for a weekend (in the summer)
The Sebastian has been a great experience. The "Frost" bar is an awesome place for pre and post dinner drinks And the Block 16 restaurant has great food too.
It is in Vail centre, walking distance to the shops and restaurants.
Its staff are very friendly and the fitness centre and swimming pool are nice too!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Like the other reviews say, everything about this hotel is exceptional. The entire hotel staff was very courteous and made everything very convenient for us. We had a basic room so we weren’t expecting much but it was large, very clean, had (free) sodas and snacks, and both a coffee maker and cappuccino maker. The pool area was beautiful at night with four spas, a pool with a small water fall, and warm fire pit. Great location in Vail Village but still close to the gondola. If I wrote everything we loved about this place you would think I was the hotel manager:)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

the staff is professional, the hotel is immaculate and the service is exceptional. I had stayed for business and the hotel staff assures I have everything I need proactively. They didn't miss a thing and made me feel at home.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business