“Unbelievable gem in Vail”

The Sebastian - Vail
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I had a string of appointments pop up in the mountains so I booked a room at The Sebastian Hotel to start my business trip. I was extremely impressed with the ambiance, location and service. The workers went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable and productive. Ending a long day with a swim under their waterfall was icing on the cake. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Sebastian - Vail

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at The Sebastian for 4 nights over the July 4th Holiday. While we found the hotel staff to very professional and the public spaces to be very attractive, the rooms don't match the other aspects of the hotel. The booked a Superior King and were really disappointed with the size of the room (approx. 225 sf), the lack of natural light and the view of the rooftop of an adjacent condo building. The quality of the bedding is also below luxury hotel standards. While the hotel is very conveniently located, there are superior properties in the immediate vicinity. The hotel restaurant, Block 16, is also grossly overpriced, with no atmosphere and no customers. It won't be around much longer. On the other hand, the Lobby Bar is quite pleasant and more reasonably priced. All things considered, a nice property to visit, but stay somewhere else.
the quality of service or the

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank peeauslee
alynch84, Director of Sales at The Sebastian - Vail, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Dear Peeasulee, We are happy that our staff and facilities met your expectations and exceedingly disappointed that your room was not to your satisfaction.

If you would be so kind to call me so I can understand what room you were placed as we do not offer a room that is under 325 square feet nor do we offer anything called a 'superior king'. Our lowest category room called Sebastian Classic and it has a single queen bed. Additionally our Block 16 restaurant has received really wonderful reviews from locals, guests and food writers again if you would please call me so we can understand your experience completely that would be wonderful.

I look forward to hearing from you and apologize for the delay in response. Kindest regards, Annie Lynch - Director of Sales & Marketing - 970-477-8017

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was our first trip to the relatively new Sebastian. They told us they have about 100 hotel rooms and 36 residences. Everything you need is there. They have both a casual restaurant (loved the homemade corned beef hash for breakfast) and an upscale restaurant. Pool area has several hot tubs, which is good for ski season. Our only slightly negative comments are that the pool is on the smaller side and no shallow end for children except the steps. With so much to do in Vail, this is not a major issue. Valet parking is expensive ($25 per night), but probably comparable to other high end hotels and condos in the area. Some rooms can be a long distance from the elevator.

Room Tip: Online reservations do not guarantee choice of bed sizes. We didn't get the king bed requested...
1  Thank Coloradodtraveler
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Top notch hotel with over-the-top service. Room service food is extremely delicious. A few logistical issues at the Bloom Spa, but they were rectified quickly and I left very happy. We can't wait to come back!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

very affordable rates for summer at this perfect hotel. Right in the heart of the village, also. The staff, Audrey, Joe, and John, at the concierge were very knowledgable with hiking trails, and all the activities in the area, They took care of our rafting reservations, and we were picked up for that right at the hotel. We get up very early, and the front desk gave us a couple cups of their brewed coffee to tide us over until the rest of vail woke up. The room was impeccably clean, and luxurious. Do yourself a favor and stay here if you visit Vail!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Stayed in the 2 bedroom suite with family. Amazing service. Spa was terrific. Great location in Vail Village near shopping. Everyone that works there is so helpful. First Class!!!

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites have fireplaces and full kitchen. Summertime is gorgeous and great rates
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Just leaving a long weekend stay at The Sebastian and I am already trying to figure out when we can return. This boutique hotel is simply beautiful. The lobby, furnishings and decor are stylish, posh and feng shui yet at the same time it captures the ski lodge "atmosphere" that is so comforting. A difficult balance to strike.

Our room and bathroom are equally well appointed. Great bedding, marble bathroom and super fab toiletries (sorry, but I am shallow about things like that). No bathtub, which I like, but I guess we needed to ask for that.

There is a small pool and Jacuzzi which we never got to. Cool bar. Complimentary wifi for hotel guest: I cannot stand paying for WIFI when you are paying to stay at a hotel. The hotel is surrounded by great shops, restaurants, movie theater etc. It is not ski in/ski out, but it is July so that is obviously not a problem.: I mention that because I know during ski season some people prefer ski in/out. The staff is friendly & laid back , yet very accommodating, polite and professional. In the library off the lobby, I was using my laptop early in the am, the housekeeper came over and asked me if I minded if she vacuumed! That is service!

This is a special place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family