“Great Jazz. Over seasoned food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kelly Liken - CLOSED

Kelly Liken
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: S. Frontage Road
“Great Jazz. Over seasoned food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I appreciated the use of farmer's market foods. The seasoning and sauces were in my opinion way over done. Something in the food made our stomachs feel swollen and painful and full after only eating some of it. The jazz music was great.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Good service, ok quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I ate here one of my three nights during my stay in vail. I enjoyed the quality of the food but it was a little pricy. Service was good, they treated me well and made up for the large bill.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Love the Sunday Market Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The best night to eat at Kelly Liken in the summer is on
Sunday. That is the night that Kelly cooks a 3 course meal based on
what she found in the market that day. I also love Tony's band.

Silverthorne, Colorado
“Great...with a few exceptions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I recently had a late dinner here and enjoyed everything about the experience...with only one or two exceptions.

Drinks were top notch, service was the best I have experienced in a long time. Employees had their own personality while also maintaining professionalism (key in my book).

Food was amazing, flavors were unique and refreshing..however, portions were tiny. Don't go hungry before a meal here.

My only other comment is on the live music on Sunday nights...it was great and created a happy enjoyable atmosphere, however, was so loud I couldn't carry on a conversation with the person next to me.

Gypsum, Colorado
“Creative dining with superb service and friendliness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Sunday nights during the summer (until mid-September) at Kelly Liken's features their special harvest menu - the chefs visit the Vail Farmers' Market that afternoon, and create a unique menu based on whatever ingredients were freshest at the Market that day. This three course menu is only $49 per person, an exceptional value for Vail dining. My partner and I enjoyed this special dining experience this past Sunday, and we came away thoroughly impressed, with the service, the quality of the ingredients used, and the very creative and delicious food, beautifully presented. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly by both the restaurant's general manager, Rick Colomitz, and the owner/executive chef, Kelly Liken, and this very high level of service and personableness was maintained throughout the meal by our server and the other staff members. We had two different combinations of appetiser, entree and dessert, and every dish, all of which featured mushrooms in some way, was just a pleasure to eat! Kelly has a way with vegetables, way beyond the ordinary, and she will even prepare all vegetarian menus on request, another unique aspect of this restaurant. Restaurant Kelly Liken is one of the very best restaurants in Vail (and Kelly has been recognized as one of the best chefs in the Southwest), with an informal, friendly atmosphere that makes it a joy to eat here - it should certainly be ranked among the top five restaurants in Vail on TripAdvisor...