“Pazzo's is the home of burned out hippies and bad service”
Review of Pazzo's Pizzeria

Pazzo's Pizzeria
Ranked #21 of 125 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I have spent at least one week in Vail during each of the last three Summers. Each time, we have stayed in or near Vail Village. We have tried Pazzo's several times. It is absolutely apparent that the service has become horrible. While I have been unimpressed with Pazzo's in the past, it is handy and the pizza is marginal at best. Let me advise you of two separate incidents during our stay in Vail during August of 2010. First, we went to Pazzo's to eat at the restaurant. We were promptly seated and waited 20 minutes for service (i.e. water, menus, etc.). We never received any attention. As a result, we left. On the way out, we were ridiculed by theX- Gamers working behind the counter. A couple of days later, we played golf and returned home late. We called Pazzo's for carry out pizza. We sent our college aged son to pick up the pizza in order to avoid a disturbance. When he went to pick up the pizza at the Vail location, one of the same burned out hippies (this time wearing a Chicago Blackhawks jersey), had him pay and proceeded to bang the tip cup at my son demanding a tip. My son, after paying about $40 for two medium pizzas, tipped a dime for a carry out order and was the subject of ridicule as he left. The service in Vail at most restaurants is poor, primarily because most of the service helpers are burned out ski bums who are trying to make a buck so that they can spend the winter crashing their boards into skiers. Pazzo's is chalked full of those people. I AM FINISHED WITH PAZZO'S. I WILL DRIVE ALMOST ANYWHERE TO BUY PIZZA RATHER THAN PAY MONEY TO SUPPORT THESE PEOPLE.

2  Thank Steve W

Reviewed July 19, 2010

We were strolling through the streets of Vail when we smelled the great aroma coming out of Pazzo's Pizzeria. After a quick glance at the menu, we decided to try the pizza by the slice and enjoy an in-expensive lunch.

We were seated quickly and waited on quickly. Don't eat at Pazzo's for the staff impression. They did their job of greeting, seating and taking our order, but they were young college age kids and you could tell you weren't in a 'fine dining establishment'.

That being said, the general atmosphere was cozy, had a great outdoor seating and seemed to be well filled with other diners.

The BAD:
- Caesar Salad: The portion size was good (but it was still $4.25/small), but the dressing was almost non-existent, while the flavor of the dressing was very bland. I would pass on and enjoy a different salad.

- THICK style slice: We were expecting something like a deep-dish style; but what we got looked like a thick baking sheet pizza that was bland and had a lot of crust that was wasted.

The GOOD:
- Dinner salad ($4.25) had great veggies, good dressing options and was fresh!
- THIN style slice: Excellent yeast flavored crust, NY Style pizza. Would have this again. ($2.50/slice of cheese)

Overall, for a budget-friendly lunch option, I would come here for pizza by the slice. Everything else on the lunch menu was the same Vail/tourist town prices, but at $2.50/thin style slice of cheese and a dinner salad ($4.25), you can eat for about the same price of a McDonald's value menu.

There's also a 10% off your meal coupon in the travel book as you come in the door - so make sure to grab one!

1  Thank ProjectGoTravel
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I had some raviolli and it was great. My dad had pizza (I can't remembe what type) and he said it was phenomenal.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

We always go here with our family - even got take out at Avon location. Pizza is really good - place is super busy and can be a long wait - go early

Reviewed December 21, 2009

We have eaten at Pazzo's in Avon and Vail for several years. It is a fun hectic pizza joint. The wait can be an issue and don't expect solitude. The pizza is outstanding. On our last visit the service was so poor that it was difficult to enjoy the dinner, even out teenagers noticed the service issues.

Been to Pazzo's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!