Book In Advance
Tours from Minturn Anglers Fly Fishing tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Minturn Anglers Fly Fishing
from $355.00
More Info
from $550.00
More Info
All reviews trout caught fish eagle river great guide day trip guided trip these guys their lives two sons can't wait to go again worth the trip great trip vail valley a lot of fun flies scott waders
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked a trip with Minturn Anglers on our honeymoon. She’s never fly fished before and I am an amateur at it. We didn’t know what to expect as I’ve never done a guided trip before. Everyone at the shop was extremely friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere. Our guide Scott Thompson called us the day before and told us we were going to have a later start due to the cold weather and a better afternoon bite. He was absolutely correct. He spent the first hour giving us a crash course on fishing. Got me all set up and spent a majority of the day helping my wife get the hang of it. I must say I’ve never had a better day of fishing in my life. She’s now hooked on fly fishing because of how genuine and good of a teacher he was. The whole day was filled with smiles and laughs. I caught my personal best trout and couldn’t be more thrilled. I will 100% book with Minturn anglers again and Scott. Anybody looking for a great fishing adventure should absolutely book with them. I cannot say enough about the company and guides. Thank you once again for a phenomal trip!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

The best fishing trip ever. Scott was so patient with me, as a beginning angler. We started early in the cold weather. He knew we wouldn't catch much but he did everything to try and make it happen by changing flies, moving position in the river and coaching me on my casting non-technique. Finally we caught a Brown Trout and I was thrilled!! He moved us to a different part of the river where I finally caught a respectable Rainbow Trout after so many misses hooking several others. Scott was persistent in teaching me how to hook them. The best time of my fishing life! Highly recommend Scott and will be booking him again. Minturn Anglers is the best!

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank jenjennen
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Walk toward the river and across the street and you are at Minturn Anglers.

At the "reel" Minturn Anglers, the manager Joe Halo and his guides are excellent. The shop is very well stocked and prices are fair. This should be your first stop when shopping in the extended Vail/Eagle Valley. After you have visited the rest, I come back here to buy. I am a very satisfied customer that has lived locally for many years.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Charlie Moreland was my guide. He is an excellent guide in all respects. Can't wait to go again.

Highly recommended.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

It’s all the same with these guys. Levi puts us on fish from the moment our boots touched the water. Definitely go for the ‘full day’ trip.

Date of experience: August 2018