“Great breakfast/brunch.”

Ludwig's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ludwig's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 129 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Austrian, European, Swiss
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: W. Meadow Drive
Transit: Complimentary Vail bus route, Village Inn bus stop.
Description: Ludwig's is pleased to offer European cuisine, featuring a menu of entirely gluten-free dishes artfully crafted by our Executive Chef Florian Schwarz. Every item on the menu, including fresh made pastas, bread and desserts, is gluten free. Fresh ingredients, light and healthy, carefully prepared - this is what you can expect with every visit. Ludwig's boasts an award-winning selection of wine, refined European service and attention to detail. Treat yourself to a Vail tradition.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I enjoyed breakfast here on a sunny morning in May while I stayed at the Sonnenalp. The buffet was full of everything I'd hope for in a brunch, plus eggs to order, and table service for beverages (a huge, hand-painted mug and saucer for my coffee). Does it get better?!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the restaurant is even more beautiful. However, for the price I paid for my meal and the lack of server knowledge of our server, it was not worth it. The wine suggested did not pair with my meal and it was too far in to get another glass. It seemed a little slower than most restaurants which I enjoyed. Aside from the server and the price, it was a good experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband & I enjoyed an excellent seafood dinner here. We are from Houston, which has excellent seafood, so our expectations were high. The atmosphere is formal European, not my typical style, but it made for a nice quiet romantic evening. Our table was near the entrance to the Sonnelap lounge, with live music, which added to the ambience. The complementary breads & crackers were tasty, and the crab cake was flaky & delicious with a fun red pepper sauce. Dinner portions were large. My husband's boullabaisse was excellent with tender flavorful seafood, and my seafood special was equally delicious. We split the valrhona trio, the molten cake was the best, creme brulee was good, white chocolate terrine OK. The wine list was reasonably priced and complemented the entrees well. Our server was delightful, knowledgeable, and efficient. Price was reasonable for a ski resort, comparable to Sweet Basil & Terra Bistro. We will return.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Quite, great service, excellent food, atmosphere you can only hope for. Intimate, mature, sophisticated a real treat. Definately in the crust of Vail

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had picked this to celebrate my 60th birthday with my family. The service was slow and more important the entrees were of low quality especially for $40 entrees. Also an automatic 20% service charge was unreasonable for 6 people but also allowed them to give us poor service.

Been to Ludwig's Restaurant? Share your experiences!