“Great value, good food”
Review of La Bottega

La Bottega
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bottega is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 122 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vail Rd.
Transit: Free in town public transportation is available on Meadow Drive which runs from 7:00 a.m until 2:00 a.m. La Bottega is just steps away from the Vail Plaza stop. La Bottega is on the corner of Meadow Drive and Vail Road.
mjknows
“Great value, good food”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Service was great, food very good. Good for families, groups, etc. sat in bar area since the dining room was booked, and it was just fine. Food is mid priced, which is hard to come by in Vail. Busy place, make reservations.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank mjknows

“Not What it Used To Be”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

i have always been a big fan of La Bottega. I missed last ski season due to rotator cuff surgery but have returned this year. Friends, whose opinion about restaurants I respect told me that the restaurant had gone downhill so naturally I had to see for myself. Regrettably everything i was told was true.
The setting remains charming. There is always a great buzz in the restaurant. Staff were friendly and attentive without being intrusive. And the wine list is great if somewhat expensive. But that is where the similarities to what the restaurant used to be stop because the food was at best mediocre. I had two of what used to be my favorite dishes: fritto misto and rabbit cacciatore. The frito misto used to be light and delicious. Now it is bland and very greasy. The rabbit cacciatore was flavorful enough, but the sauce was a glutenous mess and it just didn't live up to what it used to be like. The polenta was bad and tasted like the microwave version.
I think the restaurant is best suited for a pizza and salad and bottle of wine. The pizzas are good and the atmosphere makes the trip worthwhile. But to call this fine Italian cuisine is now no longer a fair descriptor.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Lb1952
Allendale, New Jersey
“Great waiter”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was probably our worst dinner in Vail. We had a great waiter who was trying to distract us from what we were eating. We had a reservation and waited almost 30 min to be seated. We were in a very crowded room which was very loud. Definately not Italian cuisine. Poor quality for what we paid. Many other great restaurants in Vail Village

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank lindalevy775
“Food quality very poor.. Be warned”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The menu looks enticing, yet the reality was very different. Both my starter (baked goats cheese) and my entre (spaghetti and meatballs) were not very nice at all. It's easy to tell food that has not been prepared with quality in mind. The marinara sauce used in both dishes tasted odd, and to be frank, left me feeling bilious. I can only imagine the marinara sauce is not prepared daily. I could have bounced the meatballs on the floor they were so hard, so again, clearly not fresh, and at these prices the food needs to be fresher. This is one of those places that outs a higher priority on making a good margin on each meal than impressing their customers. A metaphor for this place is the 'stone' oven that has a gas fire running at the back of it.... Need I say more?

5 Thank ASMULREADY
Great Midwest
“Poor Rude and Obnoxious Attitudes So Dont Waste Your Money”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our hotel concierge made our reservation for New Years Eve 2012 for 8 people at 6:30PM with Steve who is the owner on December 28, 2012. Just to be safe I had the conceirge call and confirm the reservation around 4PM on New Years Eve and she spent 10 minutes on the phone with him trying to confirm the reservation and went round and round because he claimed he didnt see it. Finally after the concierge reminded him that she made the reservation with him personally he told the concierge he found the reservation. After the concierge got off the phone with Steve she told me that if she didnt know better she thought he may be drunk because he was slurring his words so bad however she did indicate that Steve said we were all set and had a reservation.

There was 3 adults and 5 kids in our party. Upon our arrival the place looked really nice with good ambiance. However when we told the hostess our name she said that we didnt have a reservation? We went round and round and finally after about 15 minutes I called our hotel and had the concierge call the hostess and tell them that they made the reservation with Steve and it was confirmed earlier in the day at 4PM. Finally I asked to speak to Steve because the 2 gals working the hostess stand were down right rude and obnoxious and that is putting it kindly. Sure enough good ole Steve came to the hostess stand drunk off his butt and after arguing with him for another 10 minutes he said we had a reservation but it was in the bar area at 2 high top tables with backless chairs right in front of the front door. This is about the worst spot in the whole place anyone would want to sit especially with kids. Over in the corner of the bar there was a nice table set up for 8 people and we kindly asked that since we had kids if they would consider putting us there? The girls working the hostess stand said that table was reserved and our table was the 2 high tables and that we could basically take it or leave it. We pleaded with them and told them that we had small kids and that we would only be at the table for no more than an hour or so and please let us have that table since they messed up our reservation so bad. Nope they were not going to do it and bascially could care less if stayed and ate there or not. Steve and the 2 gals working the hostess stand were so rude with such bad aittudes I could never recommend this place no matter how good the food.

Finally I left the restaurant and made up my mind to go and look else where for a table at another restaurant which is next to near to impossible in Vail on New Years night. I left the others stay there and keep the high top tables just in case we could not find anything. I wound up at Alpenrose and after hearing my story the folks over there were so amazed and felt so bad that we were treated this way they actually made room for us with a table that they didnt have because they were totally booked for the night but went out of their way to get us in. The folks at Aplenrose treated us so nicely we felt like family there and they really made us feel like they appreciated us being there and went out of their way to make sure our dinner was special.

I went back to La Botegga and got the rest of the party and left without ever informing the rude hostesses. By the way when I got back there good ole Steve was standing over the bar with is head down on the bar top in between his arms just drunk off his butt. This is no way to treat customers. The hostess staff and Steve are an embarresment to his customer and the Vail Village community.

I would never suggest for anyone to dine here especially when you can eat at places like Lancelot, Campo de Fiori, Sweet Basil, or Apenrose. The concierge at out hotel plans to write them a letter and is formally going to advise all concierge staff at our hotel to take this place off their list and not suggest this restaurant to any guests. The conceirge also told me they would advise guests not to go to this place if they should request them to make a reservation there.

• Visited December 2012
5 Thank caymankid

Been to La Bottega? Share your experiences!