“Beautiful view and great food!”

Lord Gore Restaurant at Manor Vail
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Steps away from free Town of Vail Bus system
Description: Manor Vail Lodge is excited to announce that the Fitz Bar & Restaurant (formerly known as the Fitz Lounge) will be taking over the Lord Gore Restaurant. As the hotel celebrates its 50th anniversary, plans of renovating the restaurant and bar space are well underway! The new look will meld together its mountain roots of Colorado with a rustic vibe. The Fitz Bar & Restaurant will be a hip and contemporary bar & dining scene featuring comfort food elevated with locally sourced ingredients, hand-crafted cocktails, and local drafts.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Beautiful view and great food!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Five adult family members enjoyed this wonderful restaurant. Our server, Chris went above and beyond to make our meal memorable. His terrific knowledge of the menu was of great help to us. The panoramic view at this restaurant is wonderful...looking directly at the ski mountain through 2 story windows tall and windows the entire width of the restaurant. The food was beautifully presented and very tasty. It was very quiet there that night and we felt like we'd had a personal dining room experience. We would highly recommend it!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank 883Barbara

Omaha, Nebraska
“great place”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

wonderful waiter, Chris De J was great. My family loved the food and the view of the mountains. Chris' knowledge of wine helped round out the meal. We enjoyed getting to know him a little after the meal. Thanks for the great dinner.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank dave k
Nicole M, Director of Sales at Lord Gore Restaurant at Manor Vail, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thanks for the great feedback. We will most certainly share your review with Chris. He is definitely knowledgeable in his wines and adored by all of our customers. We look forward to your visit again in the future!

Nicole Whitaker
Director of Sales & Marketing
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent Food and Service!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I went up to Vail for a summer weekend and took advantage of the 3 for $39 deal to celebrate a special occasion. We made our reservation on Open Table but when we arrived, we realized it was pretty empty and we didn't need a reservation. However, we were told that it was usually much busier at that time- I think it had something to do with an event that was going on. We decided to sit outside since it was so mild out and I'm glad we did. The view from the patio was stunning and because of all the flowers all around us, hummingbirds were flying up less than 5 feet away.

The 3 for $39 meal consisted of an appetizer, an entree and a dessert. My absolute favorite was the appetizer of fried green tomatoes and crab cakes- I can't stop thinking about it! I ordered the steak with truffle frites and my steak was exquisite- cooked perfectly medium rare. As for dessert, I went for the creme bruleed cheesecake and my boyfriend chose the chocolate dessert with the passionfruit sauce. We both decided that the cheesecake was the winner but the other was still pretty good. We also ordered a bottle of 'Prisoner' wine- fantastic. And all bottles were 20% off.

Also, overall fantastic service. We decided to order all our courses at once and they were perfectly timed. We enjoyed visiting with our waiter and our host Taylor. We decided to stay to finish our bottle of wine out on the patio and they brought us our own little heater which was so considerate. Highly reccommend this- a great spot in Vail!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Stephanie S
Denver, Colorado, United States
“A Wonderful Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I came to the Lord Gore for dinner for our anniversary and I am so glad we did. The restaurant is charming, it feels like you are in the great room of a rustic european lodge. There are literally 12 tables in the whole place. The service is just wonderful, from the host to the server to the manager, they all went out of their way to make our evening special. Apparently when they found out that it was our anniversary they were all arguing about which table to give us because they couldn't agree on which was the most romantic. That is great service. The food is also incredible and they offer 1/2 portions, which is really nice because I can never finish a huge portion anyway. We will absolutely be back.

I would assume you really need a reservation in the busy season as there are so few tables.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Amy O
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time with friends.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had a fabulous time catching up with friend. The food was excellent and the service was even better. I would recommend this resturant to anyone looking to have great experience in a relaxing atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013