“I don't care how hungry I am I will never go”
Review of Bart & Yeti's

Bart & Yeti's
Ranked #34 of 129 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

It's kind of ironic, but we went to eat here based on Trip so that's why I feel compelled to give a review so that someone else might get a different perspective.

I felt the food was crazily overpriced for what you got, despite what a lot of others said...Perhaps it's because I had kids with me and the kids menu was pretty expensive for what you got...A kids chicken nugget meal is two (somewhat large) nuggets and 3/4 of the plate is fries with a couple of carrot sticks and celery....???..Not only is it impossible for a 4 year old to finish - but $8 - for that??? And same for the kid's hot dog..Seriously, it's a hot dog!! Not even "homemade" - and served with an incredible amount of chips...And again for $8??? It's like eating at the stadium or something. Total rip off in my opinion. By the way, drinks are not included in this price either.

Anyway, it's Vail - so, some times you have to suck up the price. But, I found the customer service of our server to be lacking. It was not as busy and yet this person couldn't find the time to ask if we needed anything or let us know when our food was going to be out because it seemed like everyone else was being served but us...And when we finally did get to ask about it (to another server because ours was no where to be found) our server was extremely defensive and chided me for asking about it!!

So for everyone else who loves this place - I am stunned and perhaps I should have ordered more alcohol first to have enjoyed the experience! But for food and service I will NEVER go back.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

At the suggestion of ourour shuttle driver and the reviews on another website (4 out of 5 there), we went for lunch expecting a lot more. It was still a bit chilly for the kids so we decided to sit inside. They sat us next to the bathroom door despite being fairly empty. Perhaps they didn't feel like moving together two other tables for a party of 6. The ordering process was quick but then it went downhill. It must have been because inside customers not ordering alcohol are second class citizens which is a shame because we were planning to order after- lunch drinks but took our business elsewhere for that. The food took 30 minutes while we watched other customers order and receive food before us. Our server was rarely visible as she whisked to and from the outside tables never looking at us. We flagged someone else down to ask about or food and eventually got it all. Our server then stopped by to say that they are busy and because one of us ordered wings which are fried, it takes longer. What? Are you serious? They could have told us earlier and offered to bring the rest. The food was ok, just more fries and chips than the protein. Not bad, just average - maybe would have tasted better if we were not waiting forever for it. Meanwhile the bathroom traffic and smell was building next to our table. Finally, we received our bill with an auto 18% gratuity added and no offer to discount or anything for the delay and poor service. A really unprofessional act considering how long we waited. With all the great reviews for this place, all I can think is that if you are sitting outdoors and more interested in drinking a few brews or cocktails, this may be a better experience. Otherwise I would avoid this place and go for a cheaper place with better service like Moes BBQ or the Little Diner.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've been coming to Vail for 20+ years and always enjoy a cold beer and burger at Bart and Yeti's. Excellent staff (including the owner usually behind the bar). Tried the french dip with onion rings this time and it was perfect! A must visit when you are in Lionshead.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

nice service, good and light menu... the night we ate here, it was exactly what we were in the mood for... relatively healthy comfort food... also fun, apres ski atmosphere... all in all a great choice!!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went to Bart & Yeti's each day after the slopes. We kept coming back because the Garfinkel's was packed. However, each day it took forever to get a beer, and we rarely saw the waitress again. By the last day we asked for the check when we ordered our drinks.

Been to Bart & Yeti's? Share your experiences!