“Great pie - Little loud”

Vendetta's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nampa, Idaho
“Great pie - Little loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great food but the basement space was a touch loud due to all the hard surfaces (Brick & Wood) Nice setting with great Pizza - we just had a rowdy group!

Visited September 2013

Arvada, Colorado
“Too bad we saw what we saw”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This review may not get published but I feel that it is my duty to advise potential visitors and the restaurant owner of what I saw on my last visit. My wife and I have eaten at Vendetta's a number of times and were very happy with the food and service in the upper area. We happened to stop in for a beer in the lower bar/pizza area and witnessed a large group openly snorting coke in plan view of us, a few other people sitting at the bar and the bar tender.This was too bad as we will not return and I would not want to knowing expose anyone to this. I hope this gets to the owner and or manager. Vail is a special place for us and we have been coming here for over 30 years. I am sure that the owner would not allow this to happen if they knew and I hope this is not what Vail wants to see in their town.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank RBfromCO
Madison, Mississippi, United States
“Dinner in Vail”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Enjoyed the pear salad. Pizza was excellent. The server was very helpful and attentive. His suggestions were valuable. We dined inside but near the open outside dining area.

Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a great locals hangout. Great pizza, other dishes just so-so. But the pricing and the patio can't be beat!

Visited August 2013
Broomfield, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Won't come back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My girlfriends and I have been coming to Vail every summer for 25 years. We have been to Vendetta's several times and our experience has been good. Not great, but good. The last time we went was a few weeks ago, and it was not good at all. My friend and I ordered Salsiccia con Pomodoro which is Sautéed andouille sausage tossed with mushrooms, spinach, fresh mozzarella in a light tomato cream sauce and penne pasta. It was $22. The place is pretty dark inside so it was rather hard to see, but first of all, the dish came out and it did not have enough sauce. It was very dry. So we requested additional sauce. It came back with more sauce. As I was eating it though, I noticed something sticking out of the sauce. Like I said, it was dark, and I could not really tell what it was. But there were several--looked like pieces of a basting brush--the old kind with the hard bristles--like an old broom. It was long thin hard pieces. My other friend thought maybe they were fish bones. There were several of those in my dish and also in my friend's dish. Then as I kept eating I noticed hard larger pieces--the consistency of old celery. I picked out probably 10 pieces all together. My friend had several in hers as well. We brought this to that attention of our waiter, and he said he thought it might be fish bones, but this dish did not have fish in it. The waiter took my plate to the manager, who took the plate, and then came back a few minutes later. She said she talked with the head chef and the pieces were from the tomatoes they used and that there was nothing wrong with my dish. ?!?!? I did not question her further, but it definately was NOT tomato! They did not offer us anything else nor did they adjust our bill. Needless to say, it was not good, and we will never go back.

• Visited August 2013