“What a surprise! WOW”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Walked past this place for years. Its located next to the Covered Bridge. Decided to check it out and to our surprise has great decor, friendly people, and values you won't find anywhere. There "Happy Hour" is from 6pm to 10pm with $4.50 you call it on any drink and any brand. Also the highest priced entree during these hours is $20.00 including Alaskan King Crab Legs and Filet Mignon. The portion of crab legs is unbelievable and many with the claw attached. We ended up visiting 3 times during our stay in Vail and will definately be back! Wow...

There are newer reviews for George Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This is where the locals go. Happy Hour is from 6 to 10 and entrees are $20 or less and drinks are $4.50. I got more than a pound of king crab legs and they were great!

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent five days in vail. We hit all the hot spots and were looking for something different. We asked a couple locals and were directed to George. It is below ground, dark, wood bar. Make no mistake, it is a bar first. Not a kid place. Bartender was friendly. JW Black was 4.50. Alaskan crab was 20 dollars. The food was solid. It was not crowded at 7 in evening. It gets more crowded with locals when all the other establishments close, I was told. My wife and I actually giggled about how cheap the ticket was.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I love duck. I also appreciate a bargain. Here you get both. You could have knocked me over with a feather when the duck rivaled with the best I had in paris! This is a funky locale and an underground bar. Not fancy. Not impressive. But OMG, the duck is to die for.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Cold beer and tasty egg roll! We stopped in for cold one before heading to our condo. Friendly bartender and great service!

Been to George Restaurant & Pub? Share your experiences!