“Good food, great price”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The George is in a basement, and the decor is old school ski bar. Their menu is small, but where could you get a steak and king crab legs for $20? The food was surprisingly good. The crab legs were moist and the steak well prepared. Its definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Drakem55

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Vail for the 4th of July on our way from one national park to the next and didn't want to break the bank on dinner so we checked Yelp and Tripadvisor then hunted down the George. It's in a basement so you have to look for it a bit (and that's why I took off a star for ambience). The service was fast and friendly. The plum duck is among the best I've had anywhere in the world!! The husband's filet mignon was also excellent, perfectly cooked to his liking. Best of all was that the prices were very reasonable for Vail.

1  Thank DeniseMW
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

George's is a pub located on the lower floor of a Vail Village hotel. It has a sports themed decor and several TV's. I'm not into the pub scene, but went there for a reasonably priced meal. We were very happy to find good food. My wife and I both ordered steak sandwiches which were very good as we're the French fries. The menu is limited. There is a small selection of high price entrees such as surf and turf and filet.

1  Thank AlanWSNC
Reviewed May 24, 2013

If you want a causal meal this is a great place to just go and catch up with each other. The atmosphere is defiantly pool hall rock! The only thing that wasn't too great about the place is that it was pretty hard to find. You have to go down these steps then down a long hallway and its it to your right. When you enter the restaurant to the right is a nice pool room with awesome decor and very comfortable leather chairs. And you first see is a bar and you seat your self. The food was very good I had the fallet mignon with potatoes and veggies. The food is what you'd find in a typical bar, but very good. The waitress was great and was very helpful with my family and I. I recommend this place if you're just looking for a good casual place!

1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This place was highly recommended to us by several locals. So we just popped in for a couple of drinks after dinner on the weekend and really enjoyed the laid-back and cozy atmosphere and décor. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and the bar offered a great selection of drinks!

Been to George Restaurant & Pub? Share your experiences!