“Treated like royalty!”

Up the Creek Bar & Grill
Ranked #11 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Vail, Colorado
“Treated like royalty!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

As a concierge here in the valley I get to try some of the best restaurants in town. With that being said, Up the Creek absolutely blew me away from start to finish! We were seated immediately at a nice intimate table in the back. Our server, Tres, was one of the best I have ever had! He never rushed us, offered wonderful wine recommendations, and knew the menu perfectly. This was hands down the best meal I have had all winter! We were treated like royalty and I will be reccomending Up the Creek to all of my guests.

• Visited January 2014

NC
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stopped in for lunch during a day of skiing. Well work the short walk from Gondola one down to the creek to meet up with our family. The atmosphere is lovely, with a bright, beautiful dining room. Nice views of the creek and ice sculptures.
Our lunch was delicious - I enjoyed the roasted turkey and brie sandwich.

• Visited January 2014
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I found this place several years ago and it never ceases to amaze me. It is a small and cozy restaurant by the creek in the heart of Vail Village. The food is simply impeccable. The fish (trout) is superb and the service makes you feel wanting to visit them every day. The manager and wait staff are so very kind.

Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Friendly and Delicious!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Our recent lunch experience at Up The Creek was very nice! Casual ambiance and diverse menu we enjoyed greatly while enjoying the beautiful creek that is right outside the windows. We were able to talk briefly to the owners of the establishment who were so nice and clearly love their business! The crab cake was outstanding and everything else tasted delicious as well. Thanks, we will be back!

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Great Food but Watch Your Drinks”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We have eaten at Up The Creek many times. We ate there on Sunday, Dec 15th and took advantage of the 1/2 price entrees. We are early - about 4:00 pm. since we had been traveling all day and it was very nice sitting at a table next to the creek. Our service was great. There were only 2 or 3 other tables of folks in the restaurant at that early hour. Here is my only concern and I wish I would have mentioned it when it happened but I didn't. We each ordered a specialty drink. My husband had a PHD martini and I had a beet martini. After the bartender made my husband's drink, he set it on the bar while he made mine. Both our waiter and another guy stopped by the drink sitting on the bar, stuck a straw in it, tasted it and threw the straw away. It happened several times. Wow. Not very professional.

• Visited December 2013