“Great Food but Watch Your Drinks”

Up the Creek Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Great Food but Watch Your Drinks”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We have eaten at Up The Creek many times. We ate there on Sunday, Dec 15th and took advantage of the 1/2 price entrees. We are early - about 4:00 pm. since we had been traveling all day and it was very nice sitting at a table next to the creek. Our service was great. There were only 2 or 3 other tables of folks in the restaurant at that early hour. Here is my only concern and I wish I would have mentioned it when it happened but I didn't. We each ordered a specialty drink. My husband had a PHD martini and I had a beet martini. After the bartender made my husband's drink, he set it on the bar while he made mine. Both our waiter and another guy stopped by the drink sitting on the bar, stuck a straw in it, tasted it and threw the straw away. It happened several times. Wow. Not very professional.

• Visited December 2013

Houston, Texas
“Space City Ski Club group dinner ...”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

... was held here during this year's Vail trip. I agree with the reviews that this is a great restaurant, and there aren't that many in Vail, unfortunately. I thought I'd add my two cents because I got a bit of insight into how they handle groups. Frankly, they did a great job. Now, in our group's favor, and in favor of Up The Creek, we were there during the second week in December, which is a quiet week. I wouldn't want to try to set up a large group during the Christmas season. But, at this time, they handled us very well. We had a special menu just for our group. They gave us a choice of two salads and three entrees. Soft drinks and coffee were included but wine, etc., and dessert were not. The price was $50 a head. Service was quick and attentive and friendly. The tables were a bit close, however. Overall, they did a great job for us.

• Visited December 2013
Vail, Colorado
“Probably the best in Vail!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I'm a frequent diner at Up The Creek, and there's a reason for that! Not only is the food outstanding, (lunch or dinner)... The service is impeccable as well! During the offseason they offer discounts and they do a 10$ chef's special. Can't really beat that in Vail! Peter and his family have pride in their restaurant and it shows. This is a place YOU do not want to miss! Sit on their creekside patio in the summer, or inside where it's nice in cozy during the winter. Tell them I sent you. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
“Great”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were in Vail for 4 nights over the summer and this was my favorite meal. The service was good and the food was excellent - from the seafood (scallops) to the steak to the cocktails (try the Colorado Cucumber - not normally my type of thing but it was super good). The atmosphere was not too fussy for a great meal and the location right on the river was cool.

• Visited August 2013
Short Hills, New Jersey
“My favorite lunch place in Vail!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love sitting next to the creek and enjoying a delicious cobb salad and a glass of white wine. The service is always friendly and I love that I can bring my kids with me and watch them play outside while we wait for our food.

Visited August 2013