“Harassment included for free”
Review of Ore House Restaurant - CLOSED

Ore House Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
McLean VA
“Harassment included for free”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went there for après ski drinks and to watch the basketball game. Fairly simple, right? The waitress was quite nice and helpful in suggesting local beers. As the game progressed and our team was losing the manager comes over to us and makes some snide remarks about how we are going to lose. I said nothing as I was in disbelief that the manager could be inciting an argument. He came back twice more with even more invective after which we left. We did make our displeasure known to the waitress who apologized for her boss's ugliness. A few people later on confirmed this man's behavior as common.
To paraphrase Monty Python: I'll have an argument for free please.

• Visited March 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“You get what u pay for.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for happy hour = cheap good, reasonably priced drinks. Would stick to the drinks. Burger seemed like it was a food service frozen patty... not terrible for happy hour but I wouldn't get it again. My wife's wrap was ok.

Florence, Italy
“Good steak house, great location, reasonably priced for Vail.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

For our date night we were looking for familiar comfort food in a great location that wouldn't break the bank. It was snowing making the walk around Vail Village special. Dessert at Sweet Basil up the street.
We shared crab legs and a small filet with spinach side. All good. One sour service note. The waiter knew we were sharing yet brought only one small crab fork. When asked for a damp cloth to wipe our hands he brought two "fragrant" handi wipes. When asked again we finally got a damp cloth napkin which worked fine. The crab shell wasn't cut all the way and the wait person wasn't sure of they had some shell pliers. Bottom line the food was good but the wait staff was to us fairly typical ski resort young people. Our daughter was one of these people once and we know the service staff at resorts can be different than that in big cities.
We would go back.

Sweetwater, Florida, United States
“Nice place with a "local" flavor.....”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nothing fancy, but in a village that is known for its high prices, a gem! Great food, daily specials, full bar. Just arrived in town and looking for a bite to eat, walked in to a quiet barside seating area. Oredered a burger (Awesome) and the waitress, after asking gave me the intel for a great weekend. Hotspots, deals, what to avoid, snow report etc. Very nice staff. Went to go back one late afternoon, and it was pretty crowded. Seems a great spot to hit after the slopes. Highly reccomended!!

Visited January 2013
Cedar Park, Texas
“Predictably excellent no-nonsense food and service”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Ore House is one of our favorite restaurants in Vail Village, and when we want a hearty, pleasant meal without having to get "dressed up", we choose the Ore House. We ate there again on Friday evening, and it was excellent as usual. I had the smallest filet done rare, and it was perfectly done and at least 3" high. The accompanying mashed potatoes and veggies were excellent, as well. My husband had the grilled salmon, and pronounced it perfect. We had the apple crumble pie for dessert, and it, too, was terrific. The service from Forest was excellent and professional, even when I threw him a curveball and asked if he could get me a mixed drink I used to love after skiing--a "hot apple pie". He thought about it, and produced it! I'm sure no one has ordered one of those in years; but, although pricey ($12), it was excellent.

I would highly recommend the Ore House as one of the two best restaurants in Vail Village.

• Visited January 2013