“Convenient village location”

Russell's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Russell's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Just across the Covered Bridge in Vail Village is Bridge Street's warm, cozy and oldest steak house - Russell's. We have a friendly, relaxing atmosphere with wonderful Creekside dining. Russell's features dry aged Certified Angus beef, along with delightful fish entrees and world-renowned Alaskan King Crab Legs. One side dish that you can't pass up is our scalloped potatoes - baked with onions, bacon and cheese with a golden brown top. A lot of our staff members have been with us for 20 years or more. Come by and see for yourself why the locals and staff love Russell's. We take great pride in serving premier steaks and seafood in the most enjoyable and accommodating restaurant in Vail. Reservations recommended.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We chose this restaurant due to the convenient location to our hotel, The Tivoli Lodge. I had the halibut and my husband had to trout but they were both prepared and presented exactly the same. Our server was talkative and friendly and the atmosphere was very casual. I would select this place after a long day of skiing if a quick, good meal was desired. Nothing really special or worth recommending.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

First the location is right next to the covered bridge All the steaks are great but they also have at least 3 types of fish every night And great crab legs if you are in the mood to empty your wallet, Always a great meal

Reviewed February 3, 2013

After reading the reviews here, we were really looking forward to visiting Russell's; too bad it was a let-down. Perhaps if the other reviews weren't so complimentary we wouldn't have been disappointed.

It wasn't all bad (the prime rib was quite good, but they ran out of it by 6:30p on a Friday. Very poor planning on their part.) And the potatoes au gratin was good (although not hot by the time it got to the table, so fortunately it was still good cold). But otherwise our food was very disappointing.
I ordered the ribeye and when it came to the table it very clearly looked like a strip steak. If you know steak, you know the cuts are quite different in appearance. I tasted it just to be sure and it had no marbling (I mean none at all) and didn't have the rib eye taste you expect from an almost $40 piece of meat. Also, it was ordered rare but it got there medium rare. Had the steak been the right cut of meat I would have eaten it MR, but it just wasn't a rib eye.

Both the server and the manager agreed it did look like a strip, the manager offered to bring me something else, since ALL their rib eyes apparently were strip steak-like. I asked for the prime rib but they were out. At 6:30p??? Apparently so.

Since all the beef they offer is rib eye (it wasn't a rib eye, it was a strip), strip steak (which I didn't want or I would have just eaten the rib eye) , prime rib (they ran out) and a filet, the manager said he'd bring me a filet. I don't really like filet -- I think its bland tasting but I took it anyway since they really didn't have much else. It was small and mediocre. But at least it was rare, Pittsburged even. Charred and burnt on the outside, pretty much raw and cold on the inside. By the time it came out of the kitchen everyone else had finished their meals and were just waiting on me. Its pretty uncomfortable to watch everyone else eat, they sit there and be the only one eating....

My husband's strip steak was ordered medium rare but it came out medium well. After all the difficulty with my steak he just didn't have the energy to mess with it so he ate part of it and left the rest. A shame, really, to waste our dining dollars like this. Steak in Vail is not a cheap meal.

I wish I could say the service at least was good but it wasn't. Our server was a guy with heavy black glasses and he didn't once fill our glasses without walking past us several times without sparing us so much as a glance and forcing us to flag him down and ask for a refill. Plates were slow to come out (cold sides are the first clue) and he wasn't even personable. The manager was pleasant enough but by that point we really regretted eating here.

We all love steak and were really looking forward to Russell's but it just didn't work out.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Ate there after a hard day of skiing. Service was attentive and friendly. Pricing about as expected for Vail. Food was very good. I would eat there again

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I love their steak, although they have fish specials also and those are also very tasty. Definitely try their potatoes au gratin! So good!
Also I feel that some restaurants don't always serve you bread and butter anymore. Their bread and butter is fresh and wonderful.