“Great German ”

Cuisines: American, Central European, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

One my favorite lunch restaurants in Vail. Great German beer and buffalo burgers, but much much more. Beet salad to die for and the corn chowder are spectacular. The good service and outdoor seating make for a repeatable experience.

There are newer reviews for Bully Ranch Restaurant

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Bridgett made our visit worth the trip. Best burger on the trip so far. The pastry was out standing. .

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Located at the Sonnenalp Hotel, this outdoor patio is one of kind in the summer months. Aspen trees surround the quaint patio. The hamburgers were delicious (and I hardly ever eat red meat). Service was outstanding as well. I would eat here again and again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

While in Vail, I ate there three times!!! Bully Ranch was recommended to me by a local. I was craving a hamburger. I was not disappointed. They had a "build your own burger" selection with delicious choices. I chose Honey bacon, fried onion, I think a red pepper mayo or similar...and cheddar cheese. It was delish.
Then I went back the next day for a salad. I chose the house salad with an added piece of Salmon. The salad had beets, sugared pecans and more, along with a generous piece of grilled salmon. Then later in the week I went with my local buddies just to try the truffle tots. They were so good. They had red pepper flakes, cracked salt and truffle oil. It was all super good and I will go back.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The truffle tots are AMAZING! You must try them. Some of the best tots I have ever had. The burger was massive, even by Texas standards, and good, but lacked some of the seasoning I am accustomed to. Overall a great meal, and I cannot wait to try to replicate the tots at home. Will go back here next time I am in Vail. They run a happy hour from 4-7 (somewhere in there) with cheaper drinks. The house "mudslide" type drink was a nice dessert for $4.50. Location is also great. Right across from the chapel. We got to watch a wedding getting started while we enjoyed our meal.