“Best Hamburger in Vail”

Cuisines: American, Central European, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Get a hamburger with exactly what you want. Awesome food and bar service. Can't wait to go back again for a budget or just a beer!

jfaessler, Owner at Bully Ranch Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Bully Ranch Restaurant. It was nice to hear that you truly enjoyed our hand padded natural Bully Burger. What a great compliment. !! I am very glad you enjoyed your dining experience and hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Bully Ranch Restaurant

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We reserved a 4:30 dinner time at the Sonnenalp's Bully Ranch Restaurant. We arrived early and were greeted by the manager, who was very friendly and helped us find our reservation, which had been logged under the wrong name by their staff. We were seated in the adjacent King's Club, which was a lovely, large lounge area with comfy seating. Unfortunately there were no waiters taking drink orders in the lounge area, which would have been a great touch and something to have been anticipated on Thanksgiving Day. My family of three were seated at a table near the buffet, which ruined our holiday meal! The restaurant is way too small to have a buffet...the line of people waiting to get their food wrapped right around our table, so we literally had people staring the whole time. Unfortunately there were some very rude folks who continued staring and listening to our conversation, limited as it was under the circumstances. I started teasing telling my husband and son we should provide live food reviews to the gawkers..."whatever you do, don't try the turkey..." Bottom line, food was good, but this location is too small to host such an important holiday event. Hotel should look to other available space to set up the buffet (hey...how about that lovely, large King's Club?). We were very disappointed with our Thanksgiving experience at the Sonnenalp's Bully Ranch.

First of all thank you so much for your kind comments about the food quality at your Thanksgiving Dinner at the Bully Ranch. Secondly, kindly allow me to apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the high volume of guests on such a important holiday event. Due to your valued feedback we are already planning to may include Ludwigs Restaurant as a Buffet option for next year. Again, thank you for your time to write this review and I look forward to welcome you to the Sonnenalp again in the near future.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This place was amazing! Food, atmosphere and service were on point. Wil was our server and he was quick and attentive. Great time all around!!

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Bully Ranch. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience. We pride ourselves on quality ingredients and perfect preparation to ensure you feel quite at home! We look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went on a Sunday late afternoon because of the daily specials that include a free drink. The special that day was ribs. That's when everything went bad. Ribs came out quick which kinda concerned me, and boy was I right. It tasted like a McRib or something in that level of quality. My spouse felt the same way at the last minute. The meat wasn't cooked like ribs should be cooked, the sauce tasted like they slapped ketchup straight out the bottle. Told the server about it and was more than happy to exchange it for another meal and comp the meal. They redeemed themselves for that moment, and then it went downhill again when the bill came. The server didn't specify well enough about free drinks, but got charged extra, and didn't comp the meal. I was really upset and disappointed, especially being in the Sonnenalp and had no choice but to pay for the whole lackluster meal. How can a restaurant that has the certificate of excellence serve mediocre food. I can cook better ribs than that. Won't come back ever again. Next time I'll go to the Swiss Chalet because their food is the best in town, even if I have to pay a little more.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some constructive feedback as we are always seeking to improve our food quality and service.

We strive to offer every guest a unique dining experience with great food in a warm and inviting atmosphere. We truly regret that your recent experience at the Bully Ranch was less than satisfactory. However, our Bully Ranch special at this time did not include your ordered glass of wine and your server did let you know about the small upcharge. After talking to our Bully Ranch team I was glad to learn that your ribs did get exchanged for a Hamburger. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the Sonnenalp this winter season.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I loved the decorations in this restaurant. The food was delicious but extremely expensive for burgers and salads and the like. I got the chicken pot pie (which was delicious) and a pop which was $15 but that was that day's special. Normally the pot pie is $21. My husband got a burger and I think it was close to $15 as well. You do get bread with your meal; a yummy corn bread with jalapenos and a cheese bread that you can actually taste the cheese in. There seemed to only be 2 waitresses so there was a little wait, which we didn't mind as we weren't in a hurry. The food was delicious just pretty expensive; but they do have daily specials. If you have a large party call ahead as there is not very much seating. Very small.

Been to Bully Ranch Restaurant? Share your experiences!