“Take your Patience, Totally Worth It”
Review of Joe's Famous Deli

Joe's Famous Deli
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Vail
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Take your Patience, Totally Worth It”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for ice cream two afternoons; such a delicious treat! As an ice cream connoisseur, I'd say this definitely exceeded my expectations.
That said, it was a haven for families with 5+ kids so the wait took some time, especially when the kids wanted multiple samples :-)
Not a quick stop but worth it!

Grapevine, Texas
“A Winning Value in Vail”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Wanting to save a bit of money on lunch in Vail, we ducked down the stairs below street level to find a tiny, six-table treasure of fantastic deli sandwiches and homemade ice creams and sorbets. My chicken sandwich had thinly sliced purple onions, roasted bell peppers, and what looked like fresh basil and pine nuts, toasted on focaccia bread. It was delicious. The key lime sorbet washed it down and left me very pleased. I will return again!

Visited July 2014
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
“Nice and easy. Great sandwiches too!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Easy and great sandwiches! They also have ice cream. Expect to pay a bit more for food than most places but my husband and I split breakfast and lunches to help with expenses. We could always get something else if we wanted.

Visited June 2014
Littleton, Colorado
“Ice cream was almost melted”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Ok, it was a very hot day in Vail. But, I would still expect the ice cream to be at the correct temperature. My kids were very disappointed when after the 5th or 6th lick the whole lot fell on the ground. I would go back as I know lots of people who love this place but, will visit on a cooler day next time.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank mtngyrl_10
TX
“Quick, inexpensive for Vail breakfast”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Grabbed breakfast here before rafting. Was a quick, inexpensive for Vail, breakfast. The breakfast sandwich on foccica was not great. Asked for no cheese, but they put cheese on it. Did not find out until after we left and were on the way to raft. So did not enjoy that sandwich. We also go the Huevos Ranchero burrito. It was good. Not what I consider huevos rancheros coming from Texas, but still a good burrito. Would go back to try a sandwich or breakfast for a cheaper option to eat in Vail.

• Visited June 2014