“Decent German + more”

Pepi's Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pepi's Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 127 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, Austrian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 1, 2014

First, our waitress: she was great. I'm almost certain she's been working there for YEARS. She had a great sense of humor, was completely service-oriented (she strikes me as a person in the 'gets it' club), and even managed the lack of decision-making at our table with grace and excellent non-verbals to the ones at our table who were also trying to non-verbally say "we're sorry we're so high maintenance").

Sitting in the outdoor room (just beyond the umbrella-covered tables on the patio) was ideal. The windows give you a great view for people watching (and who doesn't LOVE doing live commentary on the passers by?), and when they're all opened up, the breeze is lovely.

I had a pretty decent pork bratwurst here. I didn't care for the veil, but that may have just been me. I expected it to come on a bun (again, probably just because I've only ever had bratwurst on a bun), so that was disappointing but I quickly got over it.

Let's be honest, friends. This is a touristy restaurant in a touristy town. You shouldn't expect STELLAR showing here by the chef. But it's good, it's hot, it's convenient...what more should you be looking for in this scenario?

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had a great meal! We ate outdoors and had a great time. My wife had the Weiner Schnitzel and I had the Caribou Cutlet. Both were great and hers was huge. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Jager Schnitzel (veal in a wild mushroom sauce with spatzle and red cabbage) is fantastic--easily one of the best meals i have had in a while. The apple strudel for dessert is excellent. Service from a long-time German waitress was wonderful. A trip to Vail is not complete without dinner at Pepi's.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

After overhearing a Vail regular, we decided to stop in for a drink at "the place where everyone has to get at least one drink". What a great spot! The live music and the view of the city center created a great atmosphere for a cocktail and appetizer before dinner.
We had some great wine and a little taste of their Goulash - mmm!
Service was great. Live music was fun.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very good german food in a great location. Few things beat enjoying a german beer in the sun on Pepi's terrace.

Been to Pepi's Bar & Restaurant? Share your experiences!