“Special Dinner from start to finish”
Review of Sweet Basil

Sweet Basil
Reserve with OpenTable
Sweet Basil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wall Street
Description: Voted #1 in Colorado by Zagat Survey, Sweet Basil has been a must for travelers and locals alike since 1977. The cuisine is creative contemporary American utilizing many cultural influences from around the world. Located in the heart of Vail Village, the restaurant blends fine dining with a captivating "bistro-like" energy.
Vail, Colorado
“Special Dinner from start to finish”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Booked dinner at Sweet Basil to celebrate a birthday dinner and let staff know about the celebration on the reservation. The staff made sure that we had a special evening! In particular,we enjoyed our waiter Charlie who gave us interesting suggestions for each course to highlight the chef's creative preparations. It felt like we were eating in a big city restaurant but with the casual, warm atmosphere of a mountain town. Will definitely recommend to friends looking for a special date-night in Vail.

Texas
“Excellent food”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is the second time we've dined at this restaurant. Both times, we've been very satisfied with the food and the service. I had the salmon while my husband ordered the lamb chops. Both dishes were delicious. The service was quick and efficient. We will definitely dine at this establishment again. I did see a few younger children at this restaurant, however, I would say this restaurant is more suitable for couples, or families with older/teenage children.

• Visited March 2014
“Great Bar Terrific Bartender”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in to see how long the wait for table would be and ended up having drinks and appetizers at the bar. The bartender was attentive and fun. He recommended the oyster which were fantastic.

Denver, Colorado
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I don't usually take the time to review places unless I have a strong opinion and this was unfortunately one of those times. Meal was great until the end as the waiter Ben was clearing all the plates at once spilled red wine all over my shirt. The shirt was obviously ruined but I was more upset about how the situation was handled. He cracked jokes and did not even clear off the tablecloth which was covered in wine. He became snarky when I expressed my disappointment and it took the manager five minutes to come out and when he did he defended his waiter. To top it off the waiter did not comp us the glass of wine on the bill. I understand mistakes happen but when I am spending a large amount of money at your establishment I expect to be treated kindly. Very disappointing.

4 Thank Patti N
Vancouver, BC Canada
“Has to be the best restaurant in Vail”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

What's not to like at Sweet Basil? Great food, friendly and efficient service, an outstanding wine list, great atmosphere and a good location. A little pricey but top quality. An overall great experience.

Visited March 2014

Been to Sweet Basil? Share your experiences!