“Fancy!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wall Street
Description: Voted #1 in Colorado by Zagat Survey, Sweet Basil has been a must for travelers and locals alike since 1977. The cuisine is creative contemporary American utilizing many cultural influences from around the world. Located in the heart of Vail Village, the restaurant blends fine dining with a captivating "bistro-like" energy.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

They have wonderfully fancy food. It is expensive, but if it is a special occasion go for it. This is one of my favorites. I love the Foie Gras!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We made dinner reservations for our party of four at 6:15 on a quiet Monday night 1/13, well it was quiet at first but the place filled up quickly and the service slowed downed. Overall, the food and wine were great but expensive for what you get. My husband was still hungry after the salmon dish and we did spilt salads to start the dinner off with. Our friends who are locals only go here for special occasions and they say it is one of their favorite places to eat, but only go once a year. A great place for the Foodies with deep wallets and patience. Not a place I would bring kids for dinner. And you do need a reservations for large parties, but the bar had plenty of space for dinning as well.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

stayed in vail last weekend and ate at several restaurants. sweet basil had the best piece of lamb i have ever tasted. everyone at the table enjoyed their meal and it was a great experience.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our family of 3 had a wonderful dinner at Sweet Basil. Service from Ede was friendly, attentive, efficient, perfect. We ordered the tuna tonnato, octopus, and quail appetizers-all were delicious. Entrees enjoyed were the short ribs, buffalo strip streak and duck breast. Toffee cake and sorbet for dessert to finish off a fabulous meal. Restaurant has great ambience, noise level is low, excellent service and fantastic food. Can see why this is rated a top restaurant! Make reservations!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Having dined here before I chose sweet basil for my final evening in vail as I knew it would be a hit. If it weren't for my previous experiences here, my rating would be even lower for this particular visit. I ordered a Caesar salad and the veal porterhouse with broccoli rabe which was the special for the evening. The Caesar was fine as I expected a Caesar to be. My entree is where the problem arose. The veal itself was fine but the broccoli rabe that accompanied the meal was extremely salty. Not at all what I expected from a restaurant that has never disappointed me. I ate my meal, salty and all and paid my bill but regretted later not bringing it to their attention as I'm sure they would have corrected the situation. I don't think it will deter me from returning as I have had many great meals here but this particular visit did leave a salty taste in my mouth.

3  Thank Feed_Me_Seym0ur

Been to Sweet Basil? Share your experiences!