“Wonderful food and Attentive Service”
Review of Sweet Basil

Sweet Basil
Reserve with OpenTable
Sweet Basil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wall Street
Description: Voted #1 in Colorado by Zagat Survey, Sweet Basil has been a must for travelers and locals alike since 1977. The cuisine is creative contemporary American utilizing many cultural influences from around the world. Located in the heart of Vail Village, the restaurant blends fine dining with a captivating "bistro-like" energy.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just went for lunch this weekend with some friends and really enjoyed it. I'm glad we had reservations because it quickly filled up while we were there - even though it was technically the off season but the lifts had reopened. We had the mussels and they were great. I appreciated that our waiter was forthcoming in some customers had thought they were too big and chewy but my friend and I took the chance and really loved them. One friend is gluten free and they were very accommodating and knowledgeable in what would have to be revised on the menu based on what she selected. I split the duck tacos and a hamburger with a friend were both wonderful. If I went back I'd probably be getting the duck tacos although the hamburger (with blue cheese and bacon added) was wonderful. I can get a decent hamburger anywhere.

There are newer reviews for Sweet Basil

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect, some reviews have been mixed...but I tried something new and wasn't disappointed. Sweet Basil has unique twists on food, friendly service and a very nice atmosphere. Like other places in Vail, they have an extensive wine list and a nice open bar area to create good flow. Prices were on par with the area.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I never fail to go to Sweet Basil when I am in Vail. The food and service are always excellent. This restaurant is a bit upscale, but if you go for lunch, your wallet will appreciate it. Reservations are a must.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Delicious! Hard to get reservations so book ahead! I had the sweet breads which were lovely...Overall I think it was the best meal we had in Vail

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went here on recommendation by several people and it was very good! I am not the "fine dining" type but this was a lovely dinner. Very unique choices for food and our table loved everything we ordered. Our server was EXCELLENT and really made it a wonderful evening. Food is definitely pricy but it goes with the type of restaurant it is. If you are looking for fine dining and unique recipes versus your average steak, this is a really nice place. While it would only be a special occassion type of place for me, it really fits the Vail scene and I think the staff made you feel very welcome.

Been to Sweet Basil? Share your experiences!