“The best dinner experience I had ever have in Vail, Colorado”
Review of Terra Bistro

Terra Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 131 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: For more than 23 years Terra Bistro has been an essential dining destination for Vail Valley visitors, as well as a lasting favorite among locals. Terra Bistro's adventurous approach to seasonal ingredients yields imaginative, carefully-crafted dishes and ever-changing menus. With a special focus on lighter fare, but with plenty of opportunity for indulgence, our menus naturally accommodate a variety of tastes and dietary restrictions, including gluten allergies and vegans. Accompanying our menus is our extensive wine list presented by our very talented in-house Sommelier. Additionally, we offer a variety Colorado craft beers and our specialty cocktails, inspired by Colorado spirits, are often a highlight of our guest's experience.
Reviewed August 25, 2015

My experience at Terra Bistro has been wonderful, since we got to the restaurant everything was so beautiful and calm, great atmosphere. I was happily surprised with the excellent service they provide. I visit Vail very often from Mexico, and I can tell you this restaurant is one of the best i have ever been in Colorado, if I may say the best!!! Food is great, you get the best quality in food, great ambience, excellent service. I highly recommend it. Wonderful experience. And did I mention that food is awesome!!!

I recomemend to start with the Crispy Asparugus with Basi Aioli, deliciouos!!! and Shishito Peppers, after that wonderful starter try the Duck Rillettes you will love it, ask the Restaurant Managers perfectly with Duck. M or sommelier for the wine that goeain course the Seared Skuna Bay Salmon it´s the best and to continue for this great experience you will love the Bittersweet Chocolate Molden!!! with Pedro Ximenez dessert wine!!!
And don´t forget to order Kale!!!

3  Thank karlakeds

Reviewed August 23, 2015

Very convenient location, near the center of Vail. Service was excellent. Prices were typical for Vail. Very active bar scene.

1  Thank Don S
Reviewed August 22, 2015

We had high expectations when we made reservations at the Terra Bistro, but unfortunately they were not met. The food was quite good, but for the price they charged we expected a lot more from the service. After taking our order, our waiter basically ignored us. He never came back to the table to ask us if we needed more water, etc. and we had to flag someone else down to ask for the dessert menu and then finally for the check as well. I did enjoy my macadamia nut barramundi and the kale chips, but unfortunately would not go back because a major part of a meal is the service and it was definitely lacking here.

Date of visit: July 2015
4  Thank Ginri
Reviewed August 20, 2015

I wish I could give Terra Bistro more than 5 stars. When my husband and I vacationed in Vail several years ago, we ate at Terra Bistro every night and the food was always fresh and delicious. We returned to Vail in July of 2015. At this time I had many dietary restrictions for medical reasons and was concerned about finding a restaurant that could accommodate me. The staff at Terra Bisto was more than eager to help. The chefs planned well in advance for my meals and presented me with creative ideas that were not on the general menu (grilled watermelon and peaches with aged balsamic for dessert, salmon with wasabi risotto, pesto just for me that had no pine nuts, as several examples). We ate at Terra Bistro for 5 nights and every night the chefs visited me personally to discuss all of the ingredients in my food and to make sure that I was happy with everything. They were so friendly and so genuine in their desire to make sure I was satisfied with the food. The food was always delicious just as it had been when we visited a few years ago, and they were so kind to always seat us at our favorite table. Thank you so much Marjean, Maynard, Carl, and the rest of the staff for making our trip so enjoyable. Hope to see you next summer!!!

Date of visit: July 2015
2  Thank Julie S
Reviewed August 19, 2015

Excellent, diverse menu offering local produce and field-to-table features. The trout was particularly good, with a generous whole fish offering. The wine list was broad. Perhaps a tad expensive. Service was attentive, but not rushed.

2  Thank Tom A

Been to Terra Bistro? Share your experiences!