“Wish I Could Give More Than Five Stars”
Review of Terra Bistro

Terra Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 131 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: For more than 23 years Terra Bistro has been an essential dining destination for Vail Valley visitors, as well as a lasting favorite among locals. Terra Bistro's adventurous approach to seasonal ingredients yields imaginative, carefully-crafted dishes and ever-changing menus. With a special focus on lighter fare, but with plenty of opportunity for indulgence, our menus naturally accommodate a variety of tastes and dietary restrictions, including gluten allergies and vegans. Accompanying our menus is our extensive wine list presented by our very talented in-house Sommelier. Additionally, we offer a variety Colorado craft beers and our specialty cocktails, inspired by Colorado spirits, are often a highlight of our guest's experience.
Reviewed August 20, 2015

I wish I could give Terra Bistro more than 5 stars. When my husband and I vacationed in Vail several years ago, we ate at Terra Bistro every night and the food was always fresh and delicious. We returned to Vail in July of 2015. At this time I had many dietary restrictions for medical reasons and was concerned about finding a restaurant that could accommodate me. The staff at Terra Bisto was more than eager to help. The chefs planned well in advance for my meals and presented me with creative ideas that were not on the general menu (grilled watermelon and peaches with aged balsamic for dessert, salmon with wasabi risotto, pesto just for me that had no pine nuts, as several examples). We ate at Terra Bistro for 5 nights and every night the chefs visited me personally to discuss all of the ingredients in my food and to make sure that I was happy with everything. They were so friendly and so genuine in their desire to make sure I was satisfied with the food. The food was always delicious just as it had been when we visited a few years ago, and they were so kind to always seat us at our favorite table. Thank you so much Marjean, Maynard, Carl, and the rest of the staff for making our trip so enjoyable. Hope to see you next summer!!!

Date of visit: July 2015
2  Thank Julie S

Reviewed August 19, 2015

Excellent, diverse menu offering local produce and field-to-table features. The trout was particularly good, with a generous whole fish offering. The wine list was broad. Perhaps a tad expensive. Service was attentive, but not rushed.

2  Thank Tom A
Reviewed August 17, 2015

We had a solid meal here. But given the price and reviews, my expectations were higher. First of all, the place was not packed but we were seated within a foot of another couple, despite there being multiple other tables that would have given us more privacy. The kale chips were not impressive nor was my watermelon cocktail. Our entres were good, but dessert was not. We ate at Sweet Basil the next night, and I would chose that over Terra Bistro any day.

1  Thank KyraBH
Reviewed August 16, 2015

WE always go to Terra Bistro whenever we are in Vail. The food is always excellent. Great service and cocktails/beer/wine list too.The food there is always unusual but in a good way. I had the Rocky Mountain Trout which was a very large piece of fish stuffed with nuts , raisins and carmalized onions and it was so delicious. All 5 in my group were very pleased and we will happily return next time we go to Vail.

2  Thank Jumbotraveler
Reviewed August 14, 2015

I have been visiting Terra Bistro for years and I am always pleased with the food. I bring my out of town guests here. Excellent ingredients form the basis of great dinners. Very good wines by the glass and an extensive wine list. The atmosphere is upscale and minimal noise. I especially like the vitality salad, salmon gravlax, scallops crudo, and the duck confit. Great happy hour. Service is second to none--very friendly. For Vail, the value is good.

1  Thank DH1166

Been to Terra Bistro? Share your experiences!