“New Fav Restaurant in Vail”
Review of Terra Bistro

Terra Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 126 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: For more than 23 years Terra Bistro has been an essential dining destination for Vail Valley visitors, as well as a lasting favorite among locals. Chef Shawn Miller's adventurous approach to seasonal ingredients yields imaginative, carefully-crafted dishes and ever-changing menus. With a special focus on lighter fare, but with plenty of opportunity for indulgence, our menus naturally accommodate a variety of tastes and dietary restrictions, including gluten allergies and vegans. Accompanying our menus is our extensive wine list presented by our very talented in-house Sommelier. Additionally, we offer a variety Colorado craft beers and our specialty cocktails, inspired by Colorado spirits, are often a highlight of our guest's experience.
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

First time at Terra Bistro tonight, and we have a new favorite in Vail. The decor is modern, bordering on sparse, but the food and the service were excellent. The focus is seasonal, local, and organic. The wife and I started with a perfectly prepared octopus appetizer and split the house special "vitality" salad. The Colorado trout entrée was perfect, crisped skin outside and tender meat inside, and the sommelier, Ian, helped us find a great wine at the right price to go with it. We love Sweet Basil and The Left Bank, but Terra Bistro is now our favorite.

1  Thank Mustang97

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Loved this restaurant. I'm vegan and it accommodated me with several great choices. The service was top notch & the food over the top delicious. The prices are expensive but worth it! I will make this a special occasion restaurant & go again!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I had one of the best meals ever at Terra Bistro!! It started off with an assortment of breads and papadum with a very tasty dahl spread....so tasty in fact that I asked the waiter for the recipe, not expecting to get it! But, to my surprise he brought me a print out that is available on their website! I also ordered a steak...it was amazing!!

The wait staff was very attentive and friendly! I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank L0ve_t0_travel63
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Three of us went for dinner and I had the Ahi Tuna and my wife had the Pork Chop and the meals were great. I highly recommend as they maintained there reputation.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The food was goo but that was about it. My husband and I made reservations a few weeks prior and when we arrived were sat at a table in the middle of the room. Seeing that there was a nice table near the window we asked to move. The restaurant was half empty and it is the off season and it was a Weds. night. We were told that they had to keep it open "in case" someone else came. We think our waiter was stoned - he could not answer any question about the menu, kept drifting off in the middle of sentences. mumbled and could not stand up straight. He either leaned against the pole near our table or against a chair at a nearby table. We live here but are done with this restaurant. It used to be one of our favorite but even with 50% off the entrees it is not worth spending an evening there.

1  Thank Bobbi B

Been to Terra Bistro? Share your experiences!