“great food, fine service”
Review of Terra Bistro

Terra Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: For more than 23 years Terra Bistro has been an essential dining destination for Vail Valley visitors, as well as a lasting favorite among locals. Chef Shawn Miller's adventurous approach to seasonal ingredients yields imaginative, carefully-crafted dishes and ever-changing menus. With a special focus on lighter fare, but with plenty of opportunity for indulgence, our menus naturally accommodate a variety of tastes and dietary restrictions, including gluten allergies and vegans. Accompanying our menus is our extensive wine list presented by our very talented in-house Sommelier. Additionally, we offer a variety Colorado craft beers and our specialty cocktails, inspired by Colorado spirits, are often a highlight of our guest's experience.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

this is one of Vail's nice high end restaurants. I had the Amish rib steak and it was really great. Our waiter was friendly and knew his menu and was willing to give a personalized opinion. We'll come back whenever we go to Vail. They have a Happy hour which pretty decent.

There are newer reviews for Terra Bistro

Reviewed February 23, 2014

All four of us had excellent meals. Our waiter was very professional, steered me away from something on the menu, but in the end I ordered a Kobe style steak that, while divine - seriously, divine, was so wildly expensive that I would never order it again. A once in a lifetime steak. Ambiance was very nice, all adults in the restaurant, which was a nice break because we'd left our 5 teens at home! I would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Considering all of the hype, and pomp and circumstance, and the fact that numerous people who I respect said this is the best restaurant in Vail, I expected the food to knock my socks off, it didn't. The salads were fresh and unique but I wouldn't classify them as best ever. I had the breaded trout, which seemed to have lost its taste in the cornbread crust. I also tasted the Salmon which was good but not great, or unique. The desserts were good but again, no show-stoppers. As for the service, it was fantastic! Oh, and the wine selection was very good too.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was skiing in Vail with 2 friends and was recommended to Terra Bistro and it was incredible!! The food was the best we had there!! I had Duck Confit for my dinner and it was spectacular! The scallop appetizer was very good as was the Sweet potato ravioli. They had a great wine and cocktail selection. the Grass Skirt was really good. I had the Velvet Elvis and it wasn't as good as the grass skirt.

I would highly recommend TB!!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

From the very beginning where we met by the hostess to the very end where we paid our waiter, the staff were knowledgeable and friendly. The seemed to generally like where they worked and make sure that we liked it too.
The food was almost as good! The brussel sprouts are a must try! I had the duck which was perfectly cooked, and my companion enjoyed her portabella vegetarian option as well. We almost came back for lunch the next day!

Been to Terra Bistro? Share your experiences!