“I love Terra Bistro!”
Review of Terra Bistro

Terra Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 122 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: For more than 23 years Terra Bistro has been an essential dining destination for Vail Valley visitors, as well as a lasting favorite among locals. Chef Shawn Miller's adventurous approach to seasonal ingredients yields imaginative, carefully-crafted dishes and ever-changing menus. With a special focus on lighter fare, but with plenty of opportunity for indulgence, our menus naturally accommodate a variety of tastes and dietary restrictions, including gluten allergies and vegans. Accompanying our menus is our extensive wine list presented by our very talented in-house Sommelier. Additionally, we offer a variety Colorado craft beers and our specialty cocktails, inspired by Colorado spirits, are often a highlight of our guest's experience.
Los Angeles, California
“I love Terra Bistro!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is one of my favorite "go to" restaurants. If it is a special occasion or just one of those nights with the girls, I love terra bistro. Not inexpensive. In fact, probably on the expensive side. However, you will never be disappointed. The atmosphere is fabulous, the food devine. Very much a bistro with steaks, seafood and lovely exotic dishes.

Visited December 2013

Clifton, Virginia
“great experience!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

we had a wonderful dinner at terra bistro and even got to add a signed menu to our collection from the chef. the staff was wonderful and the food was amazing. this is a 'must' for dining on anyone's trip to vail!!

• Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent Vail !!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Wonderful dinner in Vail... highly recommended... book in advance, it was packed in off season, an "it" place.

Visited October 2013
Vail, Colorado, United States
“One of the better meals we have had in Vail”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

There is alot of good food in Vail Village/Lionshead. However, this place has been around forever and still delivers. I really have no complaints and would have given it 5 circles, but I reserve that for some of the best meals in memory. Trust me when I say its worth going in any case. I can't even tell you what I ate, but every one of the 5 apps we split and all of our dinners were excellent as was the beer selection and service. Actually a good place for kids as the lobby has Ipads and a big TV.

• Visited October 2013
Sedona, Arizona
“Eclectic Selections in a Busy Setting”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I would assign this restaurant to the category of eclectic. I am really not sure how else to describe the menu. It in no way fits the description of a bistro as I think of them. It was large, noisy, and bustling.

I had a nice tenderloin steak which I found a little on the tough side for such an expensive cut of beef. The mashed potatoes were so salty as to be inedible and unfortunately the steak was on top.
My wife had seared tuna which was topped with somesort of what I would describe as wasabi mayonaisse (I guess). There was far to much of it and how slathering it all over the plate was to add to the dining experience is beyond me.
The highlight of the meal for me was the kale. We did not stay for dessert. I assign an average score based on more positive opinions of the five other people at the table.

• Visited November 2013