“Tired and past it best”
Review of Larkspur

Larkspur
Reserve with OpenTable
Larkspur is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Contemporary, American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Free Town of Vail bus route - Golden Peak stop.
Description: The ultimate Vail culinary experience. Larkspur Events & Dining is a year round events venue at the base of Vail Mountain, also offering winter ski in/ski out lunch & après. Casual dinners are offered on Fridays and Saturdays during the winter season. Larkspur focuses on private events, weddings, meetings and special gatherings.
Brooklyn, New York
“Tired and past it best”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Went there recently with my family and the experience fell completely flat vs. my prior visits several years ago. No atmosphere and half empty on a Saturday night. The food was tired and way overpriced for what it is and reflected in the lack of diners on a Spring Break weekend evening. Maitre d' completely disinterested in comments and feedback after the meal having not enquired if we had a nice evening on our way out which about sums up the experience. So many better options for less money in Vail Valley (Sweet Basil, Mountain Standard, etc.)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Matt W

Rochester Hills
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I dined here recently with friends and we found the service, food and wine to be most excellent. We thoroughly covered the menu and we found no weaknesses, each appetizer and entree was superbly prepared and the service matched. The sommelier provided proper guidance of the cellar selections and we all commented that the evening was more than enjoyable.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank tkmanthor
London
“Excellent - well worth a visit”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went here twice in the last month. Each time was pretty well perfect. To me - the best restaurant in Vail - certainly in Jan 2014 - and I did try most of them when I was here for 3 weeks.

Great service, great food and while on the expensive side, well worth it.

3 Thank thefrequenttraveller
Greenwich
“Excellent beef tacos. Poor atmosphere”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Maybe I just happen to go on a bad day. The jazz band had not yet started. There was no real atmosphere and service was not pleasant.

Austin, Texas
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just enjoyed a wonderful meal at Larkspur. Service was stellar, and the food was delicious. My peers definitely made the best choice by ordering the sweetbreads. Sooo tasty! Sommelier picked some very tasty, reasonably priced bottles for us. Cocktails were ok, but I'm a manhattan snob and rarely are they ever up to standard unless I make them myself (ha!). In a group of 9, enjoying plenty of wine and cocktails, we each ate 3 courses for just over $100 a head. Not too shabby in Vail.

My usually haunt in Vail is Kelly Liken. Larkspur was a friend's choice, and I'll definitely return!

1 Thank Brad B

Been to Larkspur? Share your experiences!