“Amazing Five Course (Vegan) Dinner Paired With Wine”

Larkspur Events & Dining
Ranked #45 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Free Town of Vail bus route - Golden Peak stop.
Description: Larkspur’s warm, contemporary atmosphere and world-class service never fails to surprise and delight. Larkspur Events & Dining is a special events based restaurant, open only for private gatherings in the spring, summer and fall months, with public dining for lunch and dinner (Friday and Saturday nights only) during the ski season. We specialize in weddings, rehearsal dinners, brunch, corporate events and gatherings of all shapes and sizes. Our beautiful venue is fully customizable to transform into whatever vision you may have for your dream event. We look forward to sharing our passion for great food and hospitality and will save a spot at our table for you!
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have been blessed with the opportunity to eat at some of the best restaurants around the world. Our dinner at Larkspur was a good as it gets. We called the restaurant in advance telling them that we were vegans and asked if it would be a problem. The chef said that it would not be a problem and that he would welcome the challenge! The dinner was fabulous and most of the vegetables came from Larkspurs private garden. The wine sommelier did a great job pairing wines from both France and Napa and our guests from Dallas were blown away by the food, wine and service. Thank you Larkspur for a dinner that we will always remember!

1  Thank Al B
There are newer reviews for Larkspur Events & Dining

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a large business group dine here on a weekday evening. When we arrived, they had a two-man band playing soft jazz music. We ordered a few drinks and sat outside on the patio during an informal reception. The patio is pretty basic, but it does have a lovely view as it's situated at the base of the mountain. The staff was great and walked around with very tasty appetizers.

When our tables were ready, we walked to the back of the restaurant and were seated at round tables that held (I think) 10 people each. Our group coordinator had pre-arranged for a limited menu, so we ordered quickly and the food came out in pretty good time. Everything was tasty. My favorite part of the meal was the dessert. One of the garnishes was an edible flower that was encased in a sugar "coin" and placed on top of the dessert. Fun.

Afterward, the chef came out to visit with us, and that is always a plus! As we were leaving, we saw hoards of people, all very dressed up, coming to the restaurant for some sort of jazz festival or concert. This seemed to be the place to be.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The setting is lovely, and by and large the staff is excellent. The night we went, there was a "harvest menu" prix fixe option: $39 for 3 courses. Good deal. Options abound for varied dietary needs from vegetarian to gluten free. We had a strict vegetarian among our group and she was made to feel very welcome. We 2 fellows had ordered appetizers while the ladies had not, but the ladies were thoughtfully brought an amuse bouche to enjoy while we ate our appetizers. Lovely touch. A winner of a place!

1  Thank Dougananda
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Most Vail Restaurants close down at 9PM (really) in the summer. Not Larkspur.....and excellent food was a plus.

Larkspur V, Guest Relations Manager at Larkspur Events & Dining, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thanks for your kind words, glad you found our food to be excellent!
Just a quick note, Larkspur has been open for some late, great nights, however we will be closing our kitchen at 9PM moving forward into the off-season. Thanks!
Erik Williams, Director of Hospitality

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My friends called ahead to make sure they would make me something to meet all of my dietary restrictions, particularly and most importantly, that I am vegetarian...since there was no entree to that effect on the menu. After much questioning, I was told they could do an artichoke ravioli. The ravioli came out and I took a bite and immediately knew it was meat. I told my waitress twice and she insisted it was artichoke. I had my two friends sample and they confirmed I was right it was some sort of sausage. Finally the waitress took it away to the chef and it took a while which I figured was a bad sign. Next thing you know a chef or manager was out apologizing that someone had accidentally brought me some meat raviolis they had left over from a party. I was totally disgusted and it ruined the whole thing. The last time this happened was at a Taco Bell...which I expect...but not at a five star restaurant. They were very apologetic and took it off the bill and brought us some dessert but there is really no way to make up for a vegetarian eating meat inadvertently when they haven't for a very long time. The bread and butter was very good, the sorbet was amazing, and the asparagus tabouli was good. Everyone else seemed kind of underwhelmed with their food. Truffle fries were average at best.

1  Thank UrbanMountainGoat
Larkspur V, Guest Relations Manager at Larkspur Events & Dining, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

We at Larkspur apologize for the experience that you had. There is absolutely no excuse for what happened. Please know that since your experience we have gone to even greater lengths to improve our communication between our servers and kitchen staff. We pride ourselves on being very conscious of all types of diners, whether they be vegetarian, vegan, or have any dietary restrictions. We would love the opportunity to speak with you and continue to learn from this experience, as well as treat you to a dinner with the quality you expect and deserve. I can be reached at Erik@larkspurvail.com.
Sincerely, Erik Williams, Director of Hospitality