“great tasting food at a great price”
Review of La Cantina

La Cantina
Ranked #55 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
las vegas
“great tasting food at a great price”
Reviewed October 30, 2009

i passed by this place a few times before i decided to go in to eat-- well its in the bus station and i wasn't sure at first --- but some local told me that he loved it so i gave it a try and boy was i happy i did-- i had this huge burrito which had a sauce on top that tasted so authentic---my friend had the fish tacos which she absolutely loved--- and the free chips and salsa with a salsa bar tasted great with the margarita while we waited for our food to be cooked-- and the whole meal even with tip and drinks was only $30 for the two of us--- the person behind the counter wasn't supper cheery but it was the offseason and things seemed kind of slow--- i heard that this place gets packed in the ski season---

SLC, UT
“Good Margaritas and More”
Reviewed February 8, 2008

Good staff, busy place (but only a short wait). Lots of brands of tequila, traditional mex as well as more unusual (e.g., ahi tacos). Good food. Pricey as with everything in Aspen (we spent about $80 to feed two, with an appetizer and one margarita each, which is actually cheap for Aspen).

Chicago
“The worst place in Vail - stay away from it!!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2007

The place used to be good a few years ago, but the people that manage the place now are doing a horrible job. The food is very greasy and average at most. The service is poor and the staff is extremely rude. I ordered a burrito and instead got something else; when I told the girl that works there, that this is not what I ordered, she gave me a look and said: “Oops, if you want something else, you have to pay for it”. You’ve got to be kidding me, all I wanted was something that I already paid for. When I asked to talk to the manager, I was told ‘No’. I was stunned at the rudeness and complete disregard to the customer service. I also left a decent tip before I ordered the meal ( La Cantina is sort of a fast food place and you pay before you get your food). Never will I go to this place again, and I will dispute the charge with my credit card.
Please, do yourself a favor and stay away from this place! It’s foul!

Vail, CO
“rip off: beware”
Reviewed March 17, 2007

Just a heads up for you spring breakers out there:
La Cantina, located in the vail transportation center, used to be a locals place. Well, today I got ripped off (charged for perfect margartias and served house margs, charged twice for a single shot). I also saw the owner tell a customer that there were no refills on chips- right after he refilled for a friend of mine that 'looked' like a local.

This kind of business is just wrong, makes the town of vail look bad, and brings loads of bad karma to a business, and if you eat there, to you.

Avoid La Cantina at all costs until there is new management. I would recommend Los Amigos (in Vail), and if you really want to eat locally, Fiestas in Edwards or Fiesta Jalisco in Avon. Those are two local eateries that wont judge how much they can rip you off, but treat everyone the same and give you great food and great service.

aloha

Middleton,Ma
“Great Mexican food !!”
Reviewed November 3, 2006

La Cantina is a very small Mexican restaurant in what I think they call the "Transportation Center" in Vail Village...where the buses pick up & drop off. I have had Mexican food in some high - end areas...La Jolla , Ca...and this place beats them ! Fantastic guacamole....fresh, flavorful. Awesome salsas that you can get from the counter yourself. If you like Mexican food, don't overlook this tiny gem !